Projection System

the thing about the control, they have ir transmitters to extend the range of the ir. also there is ir distrubition devices where they have a ir reciver in one location say right next to the sound boardx, or if you have multiple recivers next to the light board or computer and then it takes that signal and distrubtes it to ir transmitters that are position right in front of a vcr, computer, dvd player, projector or other devices that could be in another room or just behind you. And you could use any remote because all it is doing is spilting or duplicating the signal you sent to it.

so thus, you can use a system or device like this to focus, zoom, etc for the projector to control other devices.

Is there a difference between XGA and VGA cables? If so, what's the difference in the cable? I know that XGA is a much better resolution, but how does that affect the cable?

Also, can you split a component video output with standard RCA splitters, or do you need a special Y cable?

I'm meaning a SVGA cable. The bit is about 75' down from the booth so the cable would have to be about 125' to make it down there to the point of installation.

i know im jumping in late. there is no difference in the cabling type of xga & vga

to acheive that distance there are (s/x/)vga over cat 5 converters taht also support s-video., they run about 150 - 300 and have a decent quality. as stated before the ir systems are very nice, that way you are not stuck controling it from one place.

again ask a company to put a quote together. most will quote for free because it is a chance to do business

Is there an equation based on original brightness, throw distance, and ambient lights for the brightness on the screen?

I'm looking at a projector with 4100 Lumens. Also, is an 800:1 contrast ratio good enough?

Probably. I'm sure an AV company specializing in projection would know it. :)

fox you also want to figure out first where you going to put it, and figure out how far away is the projector to screen.

I made the decision. It's going above the booth in the old technical booth, which will become the projection room. It is 72' from the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back