Projection Terminology


Well-Known Member
Since I've been reading up on automated lighting, I've been confronted with the term "indexable gobos". What is gobo indexing? Also, what do prisms do in an automated light?
I assume you mean indexable gobo rotation - this is where instead of just having "clockwise at # speed" and "counterclockwise at # speed" you also have "go to this degree of rotation form an arbitrary zero point" - this is good for designs where you need a specific orientation in a rotating cue.

Prisms are after the gel and gobo wheels and usually give you multi-image effects.

Users who are viewing this thread