Projector selection

Hello, I work for a medium size production company staging special events, Corporate meetings and so on. The wedding department wants to forgo the old gobo route and go with video projection. I’m looking for a small led projector around 2k ansi lumens with some kind of stand alone capability. Uploading images from a thumb drive or WiFi. I’d like to have more than a standard internal zoom capability with exchangeable lensing. Optional battery operation would be nice. These projectors would be focused on walls and fabrics perhaps even a floor. No high end presentational video. Any ideas ? Thank- you. Everyone

Suggest you rent before buying. 2000 lumens is on the low side, especially if you planned on showing in a room that's not 100% dark.

Also you won't find battery operated in the 2000 lumen range, maybe 200 lumen.

Also projectors with lenses that you can change will mean big bucks...I paid $5000CDN for the projector and $1500CND for the medium throw (50feet) lens. Looked for more affordable removable lens digital projectors for years and they were always big bucks!

You may want one with an ultra-short throw so the projector is just a few feet away from the screen (wall/fabric).

There are projectors out there that will take an SD card and playback images... Epson is pretty much the goto in this part of the market. You won't find any lens options there though.

Anything with interchangeable lenses will run you at least 5 grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back