PROTECT NET NEUTRALITY! Protect open access to CB!

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Friends, please take 5 minutes to read my message and follow the instructions. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ALL OF US AND TIME IS RUNNING OUT! Verizon, Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, AT&T, and others are once again trying to take control of the internet away from us. They want to be able to charge you more money and/or slow down the speed of the internet access depending on what website you are going to. For example, Comcast really doesn't like it when you don't pay them for cable TV and instead use their internet connection to watch Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, etc.... over their internet connection. If Comcast gets their way, they will be able to slow down Netflix unless you pay more money for a special account, slow down Netflix unless they pay for "Fast lane" access to their customers, or even slow down all internet video in order to get you to just watch your Comcast cable! Verizon has already admitted they want to charge websites for the privilege of being able to send content to Verizon customers at full speed. How will you feel when @dvsDave is forced to pay every ISP money in order to keep access to CB from being slowed down? It's not right! There are MANY other issues that the FCC could potentially open up if they repeal these laws, search for "Net Neutrality" to learn more.

What can you do?
You can file an official letter with the FCC demanding that they protect the Net Neutrality rules created in 2015. It's very Easy! Do it NOW! They will stop accepting letters of comment on Monday the 17th! I promise you, it'll take less time than what you read up to this point!

1) Go to this web page:
2) Click "Express" on the right side.
3) Fill out your contact information.
4) Leave a message or you can simply copy mine: "Protect Net Neutrality. Do not change the net neutrality rules put in place in 2015. Do not change the title 2 designation. Do not allow the ISP's to manipulate the speed of the internet in order to gouge their customers for more money. Protect the internet from the greed of ISP's. Protect the rights of the American people to a free and open internet.

Finally, please share this with others!
Unless of course you like the idea of paying more money to use the same internet. Then you can just ignore this.

P.S. Don't like this unless you've followed the link and sent in your message. I don't know about you, but I don't want to pay more money to not have my internet throttled.

Also it wouldn't hurt to contact your Senator and let them know this is something you care about. Here's the link to their contact info.

Just emailed both of my Senators... that only took 3 minutes more. Thanks Democracy for being so easy to participate in!

You should try it too!

It's B.S and frankly extortion to target websites by slowing their traffic on your Networks, especially in the case of US (and Canada, though not in this example) where everyone is controlled by a few Mega ISPs.

It's disgusting to think someone at the FCC would dare to say they are being "unfairly" regulated. Everyone on all ends already pays for a given upload / download speed, and sometimes even capped bandwidth.

Not only would this action alone be detrimental to the internet as a whole (the implications of U.S networking affects the entire world.) but this paves the path to other dangerous and disingenuous practices such as de-peering the traffic of other ISPs or hosting companies who refuse to pay fees like this one.

Last edited:
Emailed my senator, but I doubt he will side with us.... He a huge jack-wad

Done did it off of FB. So when people in Third world countries have better, faster access to the Internets does that mean We're winning in America?

This is such a clear cut example of greed. Its not like these companies are struggling to make money. They're blatantly saying they'd rather have money than help people. Usually there's some veil/lie of "its better for the consumer". I haven't heard that in this debate.

Totally agreed Bob,
Net Neutrality being taken away is nothing but greed. And unfortunately something that if taken away in the US would effect much more than the US but users across the world.

Net Neutrality has also been a debate here in Canada, and I really really rue the day that it may be taken away. We pay relatively inflated internet rates in Canada as it is, given our internet infrastructure and number of users and such Canada pays way too much for internet. We really don't need more getting in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back