Proxima DP 8000 Control Software

mjw56

So i just got off the phone with InFocus (owners of what was proxima) and they said that for this projector control is through primarily RS-232, and lan. The lan, im told, was for a very basic software that didn't do much, and that InFocus doesn't have it.
All i really want to do is turn on our suspended projector without needing to go down to the stage and use the remote.
Does anyone have, or can point me to the software to connect to a Proxima DP8000 over TCP/IP, and in lieu of that is there any software interface for communicating through rs-232.

Thanks

Yeah i saw the RS 232 but am not ready to take that on myself, i have projectornet 3 installed but infocus said that the dp8000 is not supported. Also, C300 and DP8000 are not available in projectornet 3. ill check the older versions, thanks

I'm in the same boat, 4 years on, with a DP-9260/9260+.

Any ideas, Brad (or everyone else)? RS-232 is fine, just need the command set documentation.

There is no manual, but I found one for ProjectorNet 2.0, which does appear to speak local-serial. Anyone got a copy of the demo version of 2.0 laying around on an old PC?

RS-232, though dependable, needs a separate cable to run between the control and the projector.
If you have an IOS or Android device, this wi-fi device from D-Link may be easier for remote power on/off -
DailyTech - D-Link's New Wi-Fi Smart Plug Allows You to Remotely Monitor, Control Devices

ThomasL
(new member)

In my opinion, a cable is always better than WiFi. Wi-Fi is OK if you don't need to control the projector during a show. But if you have an Ethernet cable running to the projector you can use a so called serial device server to "translate" between Ethernet and RS232.

Granted, cables are always more reliable than wireless. However, in this case, the original poster did say "All i really want to do is turn on our suspended projector without needing to go down to the stage and use the remote.".

ThomasL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back