Putting A Face To The Name

Hey that American DJ bag is a good place to put all of your trash when you travel to Australlia with a bunch of gel you may or may not use.... :evil:

Yeah but that whole having to pay for it myself...or taking it from the schools stock...plus not knowing what the friggin theatre would have....next time I'll just call you ;)

.......... We do have a theatre industry.............;)

Crykey!, They're calling it an Industry now Mate !

< how the hell do you spell cry key ? >

< who's matilda?>

< Why would I want to waltz with her?>

< Will she fit in an American DJ Duffle Bag?>

< I have a digaredoo in my office, right next to my Djimbe>
< it would fit in a duffle.>
< I annoy people with it.>

< Like this..>

And speaking of extraneous comments... ahem, Van

(btw, it's not much fun falling asleep with the jungle pop band across the hall)

Oh, and yes, who is this Maltida? Inquiring minds and all that.

Crykey!, They're calling it an Industry now Mate !
< how the hell do you spell cry key ? >
< who's matilda?>
< Why would I want to waltz with her?>
< Will she fit in an American DJ Duffle Bag?>
< I have a digaredoo in my office, right next to my Djimbe>
< it would fit in a duffle.>
< I annoy people with it.>
< Like this..>

Do you really want a serious answer
1/ crikey is the correct spelling. I have no idea of the etymology of that expression.
2/ Matilda is your swag or bluey (ie your bindle in american slang) so Waltzing Matilda (or humping your bluey) is the act of walking the road with your pack on your back. It was called Matilda because it replaced your wife. Now lets leave this one alone, (yeah right that's gonna happen.)
3/ No she wouldn't fit in an American DJ Duffle bag but you could possibly use an American DJ Duffle bag as a swag or Matilda or a bluey.(Or bindle)
4/ Do you really? I can't play a didgeridoo (correct spelling) What's a Djimbe?

"Bindle (from German das Bündel = bundle, bale) is a term used to describe the bag, sack, or carrying device used by the (commonly American) sub-culture of hobos.
In popular culture the bindle is portrayed as being a stick with cloth or a blanket tied around one end for the carrying of items, with the entire array being carried over the shoulder. Particularly in cartoons, the bindles' sacks usually have a polka-dotted design. However, in actual use the bindle can take many forms, such as a backpack or carrier bag, meaning that bindle is specifically a term to identify bags or carrying devices used by hobos.
"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bindle

I'm gonna have to stop doing this.
Thanks for the definition of W.M. I've always wondered about that.
BTW, Tom Waits version is probably the best in the world.
A djimbe < jim-bey, the d is silent> is an African Drum. Typically a rounded bowl in the upper area and a flaring tube on the lower part for volume and tone. You see them with African dance troupes, or here in the States you see them where-ever hippies meet.

Thanks for the further definition Avkid, "Bindle" is one of those that had leaked out of the back of my mind at some point.

If those sort of things leak out of the back of your mind, I'll have to start standing behind you. Maybe then I can beat my dad at Trivial Pursuit.

Oh, and those djimbes are really loud, and slightly annoying. Especially when the guitarist thinks he can sing :rolleyes:

It is very cute. Ah the sleepless nights the chewed slippers the ripped up newspapers. And then there's the problems with the puppy.

Oh and by the way how many kilograms does it weigh and how many centimetres long is it?

oh, adding a puppy eh, well i guess i can add a picture of my dog then...

at 5 years old, he is still puppyish cause he has mini in him, and he gets along with the two cats in the house (they belong to the other people here)

its said he has two tricks (according to the previous owner)
1)being cute
2)being addorable

Last edited:
I got a cute little puppy(3 years old) last November.
They said she was a lab mix, we know better now.
Lab's don't howl and make the same noises as beagles do.;)

Attachments

• Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 46
It is very cute. Ah the sleepless nights the chewed slippers the ripped up newspapers. And then there's the problems with the puppy.
Oh and by the way how many kilograms does it weigh and how many centimetres long is it?

I'm sorry I don't speak your metric babble. :)

Honestly she's quite tiny...I think about 3 lbs right now but I'm not sure how long she is.

Just heard from the home front and apparenlty she's finally settling in to her new home and getting playful again.

I should have looked at that other picture...its terrible here's a better one

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/grog12/Elsie/DSC01010.jpg

love the horn coming out of his nose

I'm sorry I don't speak your metric babble. :)
Honestly she's quite tiny...I think about 3 lbs right now but I'm not sure how long she is.

Logos. 3 lbs is roughly 237 Kilos... give or take a little.

Logos. 3 lbs is roughly 237 Kilos... give or take a little.

I think you have to move the decimel place over two points, to account for the time dialation, there Gaff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back