Putting A Face To The Name

serraAva, the james bond of backstage

"is that a glock in your pocket?,
no it's a soldering iron"

I'd be more concerned about the gadgets you can't see :twisted: Should see me when I show up to shows in my tux. Happens at least once every show I am working, for legit reason. That show was I came straight from a wedding to work the show.

It's also interesting when working in places with non-weapon policies and/or metal detectors. I only carry 4 knives on me when working, 2 when not.

Ohh..wait a second.
First thing I drove at trucking school was just like this:
proxy.php

Sorry to go back again but I drove (unlawfully, no license) what are known as Land trains in Australia for a while in the early seventies. Prime mover (Usually a big White) and two or three 44 foot trailers. Takes about a mile to stop. avkid still wins though cos he has a license.

Serrave:Do you really wear a Glock 9mm to work? Frightening.

Oh by the way, stretch that cyc please it looks awful.

My turn!!

I don't have any of me "working", but I'll post them as soon as I get them.

Attachments

• My Picture.jpg
    My Picture.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 272
"working"

i love it, it's my new facebook status ;)

:lol: Thanks for the nick name Hughesie89.

Logos, sorry, cyc was just hanging out to dry. That was still during focusing. Also, those were a set of my dress blacks. Just got off a gig and went straight over to focus for the show. The Glock is to keep actors in line, the 45s are for long range focusing.

Makes me wonder how some of you guys have so much time to post. If I am not out on a gig, I am in the office or doing a site survey. Never ends it seems.

not all of us are working, some of wish they were working though :(

and anytime :)

Well, I have another photo. Not quite working... We had just finished focus for A Midsummer Night's Dream and the LD wanted a photo of my crew, so I figured you guys could see it too. They aren't all CB members (though I tell them they should be), but what the heck.

proxy.php

From Left to Right:
Danny, Kelly (bottom), Brittany (top), Mary (bottom), Brett, and Me.

Should have some Midsummer photos for you later in the week after photo call. For now, tech...

If I get any gigs in Australia, I'll be sure to drop a pm.

Please do, any of you...

Leave the Glock and the .45 at home.

Your TSA would let you on a plane with em? Down here you can't even have nail scissors in cabin baggage... Oh and one needs a licence for a firearm in this part of the world. That and Australian customs have a reputation for being one of the tightest in the world...

Oh I have a license, to kill.

avkid, 45s, not 45. Alice and Lara get lonely when they are apart. :lol:

Thanks Hughesie89, now instead of getting Neo and Jude Law all the time, I get Bond. Took hold like you wouldn't believe with the guys around me. Neo is way old, and I was wearing my Oakleys long before the Matrix came out. Yes, I had a pair in elementary school, lasted me 10 years of service, and still have them. Speaking of which, I need to order another pair, Oakley owes me money and I have gift cards from x-mas :grin:.

Ha, someone else who's been wearing Oakleys before The Matrix. I think I'm on my third pair, except I can't wear them backstage: they're orange lenses and silver frames :cool:.

Alex, do Kelly and Mary really find that fingerless gloves help when focusing lights...? Besides, wouldn't Setwear Hot Hands or Ironclad Heatworx gloves be better for focusing lights? I was rotating the bottle of a PAR64 at full the other day for a huge concert last night, and trust me I was happy I had fingered gloves that offered some form of heat protection... my fingers didn't feel a thing, but the smoke spooked me... :oops:

I have Setwear Hot Hands and won't focus lights without them... almost burnt myself once... Maybe Kelly and Mary have heat resistant fingers...

Maybe Kelly and Mary were on the ladder team and not focusing fixtures? Maybe they, like me, feel gloves just get in the way and know where and where not to grab a Source4™ while focusing? If I can't have my asbestos welding gloves, I'm not using any!

Such a fast moving thread so many things to comment on.

Maybe they, like me, feel gloves just get in the way and know where and where not to grab a Source4™ while focusing?
A real man doesn't care where he grabs a Source Four... I approach the S4 from behind, grasp the entire body of the instrument firmly between my bare forearms, wrap my fingers around the barrel, and use my teeth to loosen the focus knob.

I do believe in NYS that is a Class C vehicle. The classes go down as the training level decreases.
So I still win.
I had a CDL Class B with additional Air breaks and Passenger endorsements. It was something like 40 hours of classroom training plus 20 hours of road training. I was legal to drive any vehicle that didn't have a second trailer. I think Logos wins with his unlicensed land trains. Not only is it completely reckless he was hauling 132 feet of cargo at high speeds.

attachment.php

Uhh Z I'm a little worried about you dude... Looks like you just got some really bad news involving where that cord behind you is about to be connected.

Finally back to SerraAve's post This totally made me crack up. Everyone's talking about driving big rigs and you say "Nah, who needs training. It really comes done to what your comfortable with." and we see a picture of you in shades, maybe packing heat, throwing a classic rock sign, in front of the Cross. Is it just me or is someone a little too eager to see Jesus in person.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back