Putting A Face To The Name

Weighting

They took a really long time to fold the drops...

Attachments

• weighting.jpg
    weighting.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I'll Play
proxy.php

Me at an arts Festival last spring.

"Typically" I would recommend that you wear fall protection. Of course, maybe I can't see you wearing it in this picture, then I stand corrected.

"Typically" I would recommend that you wear fall protection. Of course, maybe I can't see you wearing it in this picture, then I stand corrected.

Indeed. It is, in fact, not visible from that angle, but I do have a harness on.

Safety First means you get to try it again.

Last edited:
No I do not have a pin sticking out of my head, its the stupid antena for the RF headsets.

I've used those exact headsets while helping out on shows for some small high schools in the area. The antenna is a real pain in the posterior, but they're surprisingly clear and effective when used correctly.

proxy.php

Wow I'm there for a performance and not in blacks... Scary. Yes indeed for this show (Community production, this one) I was one of the Kilted boys marching in at the top of the show... And the SM...
I am the one on the far Left side of the shot.

I've used those exact headsets while helping out on shows for some small high schools in the area. The antenna is a real pain in the posterior, but they're surprisingly clear and effective when used correctly.

yeah, until you walk out of range, then you get an earsplitting buzz for about 2 seconds. Don't know why, but if you ever walked out of our performance space with them, yeah, that would happen. Did it ever occur to you?

yeah, until you walk out of range, then you get an earsplitting buzz for about 2 seconds. Don't know why, but if you ever walked out of our performance space with them, yeah, that would happen. Did it ever occur to you?

Yea, they wouldn't work through even thin walls or anything like that. We could never get them to wok between the stage and the front of house, so I would usually end up giving them to the inexperienced high school spot ops and calling cues to them from a table FOH. When they're used between stationary personnel and at short range, they have the clearest sound I've ever heard from a cheap consumer product, almost equivalent to what you'd get with a Clear-Com system. But once you start talking long distances or moving around, their reliability goes down to virtually nothing.

Yea, they wouldn't work through even thin walls or anything like that. We could never get them to wok between the stage and the front of house, so I would usually end up giving them to the inexperienced high school spot ops and calling cues to them from a table FOH. When they're used between stationary personnel and at short range, they have the clearest sound I've ever heard from a cheap consumer product, almost equivalent to what you'd get with a Clear-Com system. But once you start talking long distances or moving around, their reliability goes down to virtually nothing.

We only had to use them for a distance of about 50' or so, and only really ever through set pieces, so it worked okay. It was nice though that everyone had a wireless headset. I worked in a space in HS where the greenroom was up a flight of stairs and down a hallway, and we only had wired, so as SM in the booth, I was often left with no one on headset, because the BSM had to go do something.

Well, I finally got around to uploading a picture.

Granted, I'm not wearing black, but it was just a graduation rehearsal... Anyway, our back wall is purple... ha.

Here's a picture of me at the end of a long rehearsal...

proxy.php

OK, so it's me as Sweeny Todd. Same thing...
:)

Here's me in the booth. This was my last show as a high school senior, so I got a little 'creative' with my blacks. The whole tech crew and stage crew had numbers/operators in orange gafftape on their shirts, and we made an equation on stage for our curtain call.

proxy.php

As a shout out to fellow kilt-wearer, Dionysus, here's a picture of me in my senior prom attire...

(I don't normally sport a beard, but this was right after my little biking accident; you can see the scars on my chin/lip)

proxy.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back