Putting A Face To The Name

I'm sorry I don't speak your metric babble. :)

Audio metric babble:
1 K test tone.
10 K impedance
millivolt, voltage from a mic capsule before pre-amping.

Lighting metric babble
gels filter light waves that are measured in frequecy (kilo- or mega- hertz?) or meters (micro- or nano- meters I think)
fixtures are rated by their wattage, 500, 750, or 1K or 2K, K being 1000 watt

Aren't the minute, ohm, lumen, degree(phase not temp) all SI units too?

BASE stands for the Black Awareness Society for Education. It was a racial/cultural awareness group at my high school.

I'm sorry I don't speak your metric babble. :)
Audio metric babble:
1 K test tone.
10 K impedance
millivolt, voltage from a mic capsule before pre-amping.
Lighting metric babble
gels filter light waves that are measured in frequecy (kilo- or mega- hertz?) or meters (micro- or nano- meters I think)
fixtures are rated by their wattage, 500, 750, or 1K or 2K, K being 1000 watt
Aren't the minute, ohm, lumen, degree(phase not temp) all SI units too?

It's ok dude the metric war is over! Didn't you get the memo.

Since we now know that Hughesie won't take his sun glasses off...
attachment.php

I'm fairly certain this color will be safe. Anyone else out there feeling a little queasy after seeing that on a 19" wide screen? Anyway, we won when the Metric war when Logos said, "Sometimes it's just easier [to use inches and feet]". However, we are letting the Aussies think that there was a truce instead. Why? Because we don't want them to suspect that we really are all ugly Americans... although I think that picture may prove there are some ugly Aussies too. We also do this because we don't want Avkid to have another hissy fit. In order to support the truce, just pretend to measure everything in Cubits or any other ancient system of measurement.

Peace through Cubits!

Last edited:
I thought we had peace through cubits?

Wait, what.

Heres two pics of me one is my senior portrait kinda crummy copy off the web and the other is one I edited for a project. I do have a prom pic if anyone does want to see me in a dress. I wish I had a picture from working during a show but alas those do not exist for all I know.
~Meghan~ :grin:

Attachments

• n1056540183_30049002_5685.jpg
    n1056540183_30049002_5685.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 78
  • n1056540183_30045927_9644.jpg
    n1056540183_30045927_9644.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 77
Seniors! You guys get all the good parking spots! :(

You think that you're entitled to good spots as soon as you can drive to school? Do you expect that your class can just take the good spots for their whole time? No! It's a privilege that must be earned! You have to survive 3 years of walking from the out-on-the-edge parking spaces before you can get the next-to-the door spaces!:) I was quite lucky with my senior year parking spot, I got a spot around behind the school, right near the backstage entrance to the auditorium which I did [not] have keys to.

Seniors! You guys get all the good parking spots! :(

I don't get a parking spot. I usually take the bus to school and home if I don't have rehersal. If I have rehersal my mom has to pick me up. I can't drive yet I'm currently in drivers ed.

Funny you mention that, as parking here is actually a free-for-all. We park on city streets, there is very limited student parking, maybe 30 spots. After that it's first-come-first serve. If you show up late you could be parking a block or two from school, in a not so nice area, makes for fun walks back from the theatre at 10 pm! :mrgreen:
Drivers Ed FTW. My classroom/1:1 instructor was very funny, I'm afraid most of his comments weren't exactly appropriate for a family friendly forum though.

At my school there are four parking lots. One is just for teachers the others are first come. The one parking lot thats in front of both theatres and music rooms is where all the drama, band, and student gov people park for some reason. My schools is in the middle of a residential area so theres all the side streets to park on also. Your drivers ed teacher reminds me of my physics teacher whose comments are not at all appropriate for a family friendly forum. I'm doing my drivers ed online which kinda sucks cause theres no one to help me understand some of the horribly written chapters. :(

You kids and your passenger cars.
proxy.php

I'm a licensed NYS Class B commercial driver.
In other words, I can drive any straight truck that is not carrying hazardous materials.

avkid just pwn'd.

avkid your ride is so much nicer than mine. I can't drive yet but I do have a truck. When I do start driving I get to drive a 1986 toyota short bed truck thats pretty much a wreck and it doesn't like to start half the time.

This was my company car when I was in Grad School.
proxy.php

One time I got to drive the wives of the Seattle Mariners Baseball team to lunch. Another time I took the Paccar board of directors to a meeting at the Kenworth test track, that was pretty cool. Most of the time it was cruise ship passengers going to Vancouver. Which was interesting as sometimes we had to back out onto this pier with only a little over a foot between the bus and falling in the water.

Once you've parallel parked a 40' bus you can do anything.

This was my company car when I was in Grad School.
proxy.php

One time I got to drive the wives of the Seattle Mariners Baseball team to lunch. Another time I took the Paccar board of directors to a meeting at the Kenworth test track, that was pretty cool. Most of the time it was cruise ship passengers going to Vancouver. Which was interesting as sometimes we had to back out onto this pier with only a little over a foot between the bus and falling in the water.
Once you've parallel parked a 40' bus you can do anything.
I do believe in NYS that is a Class C vehicle.
The classes go down as the training level decreases.
So I still win.
I kicked parallel parking's rear on the first attempt.

psh I have a class D IL license I can drive box trucks with no extra training needed!
Not that it's a good idea to drive a large vehicle without some kind of training.
It took just over two weeks for me to complete my classroom and on the road time.
I am now just nearing the end of the mandated DOT waiting period before I can pick up the document.
-
As one of my instructors said: "it's something that will always give you opportunities and can never be taken away from if you obey the law."
It's kind of comforting to know that I have something to fall back on should the loudspeaker business go kaput.

Nah, who needs training. It really comes done to what your comfortable with. When I took my drivers test, did in a 2000 GMC Sierra ext cab with 8' bed, parallel parked it on just the reverse. First time I drove a 16' box, felt right at home. Then when I first drove a 24', again, no problems. Point is, if your not comfortable, don't do it.

Anyway, back to the orginal thread, here is me in all my glory:
proxy.php

Images of me without my sunglasses and/or in brightly lite places are non-existent.

Whatever you have on your right side looks just about the right size and shape to be mistaken for 9mm Glock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back