Pyro-like Fog Effects

If you don't use the quick dissipating fluid, and you put the fogger just a little bit farther off stage, it won't make the sideways column spewing on to stage quickly. Also, if you put a fan in front of it when it is tipped sideways, even just a household box fan on a switched dimmer, you should be able to disperse it significantly. So, if you follow those practices when using it for standard fog machine duties, you should still be able to get the vertical shooting one.

On the note of fluids...use the Le Matire quick dissipating fluid when you use it pointing vertically, and a slower-dissipating fluid when you're using it sideways and want a longer hang time. Just a little afterthought.

Last edited:
Mitch at Centerstage in Kentucky looks like he has a deal going for the magum 2000 with the dmx interface at 379 dollars which is a good deal

280061857893 is the ebay listing

Sharyn

Yeah, I had saw that...looks great. I'll try and keep you guys posted, there's probably going to be a lot of theater politics in the decision about buying the fogger.

If I can't get the buy, I'll have to rent a normal one (like a generic rosco or something, my rental place doesn't advertise specifics) and hook it up like I would the magnum 2000.

hmm, if you've ever seen "the lion king" on broadway, they use this effect ALOT, they have them all over the stage, looks like you've already got if figured out, but ive seen those "up-fire" foggers, and they do work like a normal fog machine when there turned sideways, just don't use the quick dissipating fluid, as soundlight said.

The direction of the outlet is more mechanical so not a problem, typically you don't want to turn the unit around too much for leaking problems, you can put a piece of pipe tubing on the end of the fogger output for direction control
On a big system you can actually pipe the system around, there are a few issues with making sure you have a way to drain any condensation
Sharyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back