The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Q22 lampbase

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Reggie, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Reggie

Reggie Member

Looking for a source for Q22 lampbases or lampholders. These are for EGT halogen globes in fresnel fixtures, not discharge lamps that most of the Q22 baes I see sold are designed for. Last requirement, looking for a supplier other than a fixture manufacturer. Tried Osram/Sylvania, they don't make one.

2. ship

ship Senior Team Emeritus Premium Member

try G-22 lampholder instead.

G-22 Altman #58-0011 Med. Bi-Post Altman #MBD 1000

as an example amongst a few companies making them.

3. ship

can check further in the morning about other makers.

4. Reggie

Reggie Member

True, I can buy them from my local Altman dealer, or Arri or Mole-Richardson, or even Times Square. But I don't believe any of those firms are manufacturing the lamp base they use in their fixtures. I'd prefer to save a few dollor (or more) per base base and buy them from a manufacturers distributor, line an electrical supply or even a theater supply. Production Advantage doesn't have them.

5. ship

Manufacturers I know of making them:
    Ushio #1003149 Halogen 1,000v 20A
    Buhl #BE-QRG-22 Hot Restrike 1,000v Pulse Rated, 20A 350

I checked Leviton, Bender/Wurth, Bryant, Osram, AAG Stucchi & Eagle none make a G-22 lampholder. Drexel, Morse, Glucksman and Etlin could be other manufacturers possibly making them I didn't check. Other manufacturers making lampholders I don't remember. ?PKI/Perkin Elmer possibly? GE used to but don't I think these days. Eiko might. Norman Lamps might.

Either above should work in the fixture assuming the same seat height from the mounting plate to the center of the filament. Many manufacturers like Altman or Mole Richardson frequently have their own suppliers such as Zels, or ADR they buy a custom OEM base from. Not to say it's not a universal fitting but it can at times be different or slightly different in specification.

I was recently pricing out some replacement P-28s lampholders for a customer. Altman no longer sells just the lampholder, you have to buy the entire assembly for a bit more money. Bryant and Ushio both make them but they were not as cheap as the entire Altman assembly. Checked the Bryant price out thru both my main lamp distributer and an electrical supply house - both were about the same price at like $5.00 more than the entire P-28s assembly.

Sometimes you win, other times you don't be it getting cheaper - assuming the same basic item, other times you don't.

Give the Buhl and Ushio lampholders a shot - PA and just about any theater or lamp distributer can get them if not stock as a special order. It assumes the same style as what you need and a better price however.

6. gafftapegreenia

gafftapegreenia CBMod CB Mods

Prop-tart
    Almost 4 years later, and I have to thank this thread for saving me time from searching. Thanks for those Ushio and Buhl product numbers.

7. DELO72

DELO72 Well-Known Member

Sheesh! OSRAM makes them too! Ship- you are breakin' my heart here! ;-)

Lampholders & Sockets Overview

You can see our full line and product catalog at the site above.

8. woundedeagle

woundedeagle Member

Would you please show a photo?

9. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Hey Mark, in Ship's defense, this thread is 4 years old. Did you make them back in 2009 when this started? It could explain the mistake by the great one.

10. DELO72

DELO72 Well-Known Member

Well.. also I found out from chatting with him that he only had our older lampholder catalog from 2004 which didn't have that as part of our offering. So my bad, and I sent him a new one!
    :p