The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Qlab 2 released

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by Chris Chapman, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Chris Chapman

Chris Chapman Active Member

Technical Director
    Figure 53 has released version 2 of Qlab (Cue playback and Mac) and it is a significant improvement over version 1. Basic Sound Playback is still free, the Pro Video, Pro Audio, Pro Midi/Control licenses have gone up considerably in prices. Check it out though, they have incorporated a nice change to the interface and some new toys as well.

Go here:

QLab :: Live Show Control for Mac OS X

Ety and (deleted member) like this.
  2. ScottT

ScottT Lighting Programmer

Been using it since release date. Love the GUI and the alias mechanism. Going to use it for our next show (Alice in Wonderland). Ought to be fun!

3. Eboy87

Eboy87 Well-Known Member

Sweet. Was playing with it before I left work. I like this interface, especially being able to see the waveform. I give it two thumbs up.

It makes my life so much easier.

4. Shillyer

Shillyer Member

I love Qlab. Even though the price of the pro licenses has gone up they now have rentable licenses for 3 dollars a day or 1 dollar a day for educational, seems like a pretty sweet deal and definitely an interesting concept. I would love to see more software companies do this.

5. themuzicman

themuzicman Well-Known Member

Audio Engineer
    waveform truncation +1!

though, I can't figure out how to do active fades with a fade q. Guess I am just too used to 1.0 =/

6. Eboy87

Eboy87 Well-Known Member

I've been playing around with the new QLab for a while, and I've noticed that files made on the old version aren't compatible with the new version. Anyone else notice this?

It's not really a problem for me, since I don't really need my old show files. I do forsee a problem if I'm given a cue list made on the old version though.
    Unfortunately I completely deleted the old version from my computer before I found out about this little issue. :oops:

7. themuzicman

themuzicman Well-Known Member

Audio Engineer
    If you want, I can email you the old version, I saved both (and handily named one 1.0, as the icons stayed the same!)

8. NicktheEvil

NicktheEvil Member

I am slightly upset that the free version is limited to two channels of audio with out the plug in. Before it was great for teaching my sound design classes to give the kids a feel for why we need so many channels. On top of that i had just recently upgraded to the full version 1 (less than 3 months ago) but if i had known two was on the way i would have waited... now its not in the budget.

9. vlaho

vlaho Member

I was doing something similar, full licenses for v.1,
    Is it worth to upgrade to v.2?

10. DavidDaMonkey

DavidDaMonkey Active Member

Does anyone know if a playlist created in v2 can be opened and used in v1? I have a strong feeling the answer is no, but I'm debating if I need to upgrade my older PPC mac to Leopard so I can use it as a Qlab backup.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  11. Eboy87

Eboy87 Well-Known Member

I just tried it, but I couldn't get v1 to recognize the v2 file. My vote is no, you can't. I'm sticking with v1 until I can afford to purchase the proaudio license for v2 and get multi-outs. While I love the interface of v2, the fact that I only get 2 outputs makes it useless for most of my designs.