Qlab 2 released

Been using it since release date. Love the GUI and the alias mechanism. Going to use it for our next show (Alice in Wonderland). Ought to be fun!

Sweet. Was playing with it before I left work. I like this interface, especially being able to see the waveform. I give it two thumbs up.

It makes my life so much easier.

I love Qlab. Even though the price of the pro licenses has gone up they now have rentable licenses for 3 dollars a day or 1 dollar a day for educational, seems like a pretty sweet deal and definitely an interesting concept. I would love to see more software companies do this.

I've been playing around with the new QLab for a while, and I've noticed that files made on the old version aren't compatible with the new version. Anyone else notice this?

It's not really a problem for me, since I don't really need my old show files. I do forsee a problem if I'm given a cue list made on the old version though.
Unfortunately I completely deleted the old version from my computer before I found out about this little issue. :oops:

If you want, I can email you the old version, I saved both (and handily named one 1.0, as the icons stayed the same!)

I am slightly upset that the free version is limited to two channels of audio with out the plug in. Before it was great for teaching my sound design classes to give the kids a feel for why we need so many channels. On top of that i had just recently upgraded to the full version 1 (less than 3 months ago) but if i had known two was on the way i would have waited... now its not in the budget.

Does anyone know if a playlist created in v2 can be opened and used in v1? I have a strong feeling the answer is no, but I'm debating if I need to upgrade my older PPC mac to Leopard so I can use it as a Qlab backup.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if a playlist created in v2 can be opened and used in v1? I have a strong feeling the answer is no, but I'm debating if I need to upgrade my older PPC mac to Leopard so I can use it as a Qlab backup.

I just tried it, but I couldn't get v1 to recognize the v2 file. My vote is no, you can't. I'm sticking with v1 until I can afford to purchase the proaudio license for v2 and get multi-outs. While I love the interface of v2, the fact that I only get 2 outputs makes it useless for most of my designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back