Qlab Help Online Somewhere?

musictom

Hi all,

OK, I am really feeling like an idiot. I download Qlab, and purchased the pro control license. I've wasted (well, spent anyway) the last three hours trying to get the program to do anything besides simply playback a cue. I've gone through the help files several times, and searched Qlab's boards.

I downloaded several of their example files, and they do little, if nothing. (I followed the instructions about pointing to the right folders, etc.)

I'm not an idiot by any means. I mean, I just sequenced/recorded/mixed/mastered 18-24 channels of audio in Logic Pro for a Christmas show our church did, so I know at least a little bit about computer audio.

Has anybody else found any resources online that might help. Perhaps a tutorial file, or something like that.

I'm sure a month from now, I'm gonna look back and laugh at how easy Qlab was/is to work, but right now, I'm ready to put a hole in my wall, LOL!

Thanks,

Tom

I figured out Qlab by poking it a lot. It made a lot of weirdnesses, but eventually worked. That's the only way I know of to learn a piece of software.

Well, my biggest problem is that I hadn't installed/updated the extra cues. That was the reason my tutorial files weren't working.

The more I play with it, the more I'm slowly starting to wrap my head around Qlab's logic. I will definitely check out the mailing list.

Thanks again, guys!!

tom

The Q-Lab Wiki is a great resource. Definitely check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back