Qlab MIDI Control

Setting this up requires going into the settings of the Ion and setting up midi input to trigger cues. You also need to go into Qlab and set up midi in there. I have not done it myself so maybe others will chime in with details.

Yeah, it's not plug n play. You have to set the Device ID on the console to match the settings in Qlab. Then after that you have to set MIDI events in Qlab to trigger the board. I don't know How Qlab processes this but for the show control program I'm using its Program Change # for specific cue or 0 for next.

the Ion Manual will have all the midi commands it takes in. GL

I don't know How Qlab processes this but for the show control program I'm using its Program Change # for specific cue or 0 for next.

the Ion Manual will have all the midi commands it takes in. GL

QLab can output Midi Show Control (MSC) so it's pretty much as simple as specificying "GO" and a "Cue X" and it'll go to Cue X. I would also suggest trying OSC over the network instead of MIDI if you are running a simple single computer QLab setup -- syntax for the Ion and QLab is much the same as MSC and as long as they live on the same network, or have a common network between locations it'll work exactly like MSC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back