Qlab of Windows

So I obviously can't use Qlab for windows but is there a software that is similar for windows or software that is efficient on windows. (preferably free or has an education version)

Thanks

Cue Player Premium (from my company) is intended to be the Qlab equivalent for Windows. The cost is such that we do not normally offer education discounts unless it is for a school district with need for more than 5 copies. I can't say much more on this forum, but please feel free to contact us from the web site.

I’ll recommend Venue Magic.

They use a timeline based system and pretty user friendly. You can demo their software for 15 days I think before you have to buy it.

Another Show Cue Systems user. After getting used to it, I don't miss QLab (although I still use it occasionally). I think the "Pro" version was around $120 and worth every cent.

So I obviously can't use Qlab for windows but is there a software that is similar for windows or software that is efficient on windows. (preferably free or has an education version)

Thanks

What parts of Qlab are you looking to replicate? There are a number of media server programs available for Windows.

If you are looking for audio only and free try MultiPlay.
https://www.da-share.com/software/multiplay/

...with the caveat that it hasn't been maintained or updated in about six years. It's a great program and I still use it occasionally on my Windows machines, but it definitely needs a little extra care at this point. MP3s will play, but you may run into sound quality issues with certain encodings--variable bit rate in particular is something I've noticed as problematic. WAV files are safe as long as they're 16b. If you have a WAV that's not playing correctly, then it was probably encoded at 32b. There are some other odd quirks here and there, but mostly it's consistent in whether it works or doesn't work. I've never had a situation where it seemed to work at first, then behaved differently during a show.

I've been using QLC+ (qlcplus.org) for the past 5 years. I've used it to run over 50 theater productions, for lights, sound & sometimes video. It runs on Windows, Mac & Linux.

I have been using Multiplay for dance recitals and school talent shows for about 6 years. I find the "time remaining" feature of great value during show conditions, as a way to stay focused on what is on stage, while preparing for the next group. The program also allows me to make non destructive edits to a track -- especially useful if more than one group uses the same music track. -- but needs different in/out points.

Since this thread has been around for a while, let me do an update. We just added the ability to use a StreamDeck surface to Cue Player so you can put your 'Go' (in our case 'Play') button wherever you want it. The StreamDeck allows you to move up and down the cue list and shows you which cue number will play when you hit the button. All the other cue tools for fading, start/stop position, speaker selection, OSC, Auto-follows, etc. are still there.

Using hookie keys is not something I'd recommend - it opens your whole show up to litigation. Hopefully the only keys sold through that link are fully legit.

We do not issue any keys through third parties. So if you got a key from anywhere other than baxeldata.com, it is illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back