Mixers/Consoles qu-32 spare parts

Wheezy

Our Qu-32 has a fader that was damaged. It still works as a fader, but has lost motorized control. We are still in show for three more weeks, so I can't tear into it yet to see if the drive band has come off the motor.

Are spare parts available yet for the Qu series? Or, will this have to go back to a dealer for repair?

Thanks. I checked Full Compass and other suppliers. For the Qu series, only generic items like cases, covers, and brackets are carried. No faders or components of any kind are listed.

Just because something is not on the website, doesn't mean they can't get it. Call!

The GLD faders look like they are soldered in. I had to replace a fader on my X32 after it took an accidental whack. I found the mechanical design of the X32 to be excellent and disassembly wasn't bad. However, the faders are soldered to the circuit board, and desoldering them without causing damage is not for the faint of heart. It takes good tools and lots of practice.

The GLD faders look like they are soldered in. I had to replace a fader on my X32 after it took an accidental whack. I found the mechanical design of the X32 to be excellent and disassembly wasn't bad. However, the faders are soldered to the circuit board, and desoldering them without causing damage is not for the faint of heart. It takes good tools and lots of practice.

I agree. I see the pins in the photo and it does look like it's to be soldered. We'll see.

proxy.php

I agree. I see the pins in the photo and it does look like it's to be soldered. We'll see.

proxy.php
I'm needing to replace a QU-32 fader that is acting erratic (audio levels jumping and random mechanical motion when coupled to another fader). Full Compass today has the GLD / QU fader listed on their web site so they are readily available. Are these faders soldered in or plugged in - those long pins look like they might be designed for connectors. Could someone give me a idea of the best way to open up the QU to get at the faders?

The length and shape of the pins indicate they would be soldered in. Desoldering and cleaning through-plated holes, without damaging traces, is always the tricky thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back