Question about SlimPar 56's and Chauvet Obey 10

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by SouthTownProd, Nov 1, 2015.

1. SouthTownProd

SouthTownProd Member

I have 16 of the slimpars and i have them connected via the adj wi-fly's and when i put them on the addresses they need to be in, i noticed something weird. When it's in 3 channel mode it works fine, but when i switch to 7 channel mode, the 1st fader for the red channel turns to the green channel and the red channel can be found on bank b on the last fader. Am i doing something wrong?

2. wolfman005

wolfman005 Active Member

Are you patching them to the addresses used by the Obey 10? Try both channel modes with a DMX cable going from the Obey 10 into a single SlimPar first.

3. SouthTownProd

SouthTownProd Member

I did patch it at first straight to the obey 10 to make sure the lights worked but that was under the 3 channel mode and it worked like it's supposed to. Its only when i put it in the 7 channel mode that made it act weird, but that was when i had it connected to the wifly. i'll try it direct to see if it made a difference.

4. AxlD1234

AxlD1234 Active Member

Sound Technician/Master Electrician
    Something that you have to watch with these lights is when it's in 7 Channel mode Address point 7 (So if your start address was one then this would be address point 7) Needs to be on at 100% this is the Master Dimmer Channel. This may be part of your problem.

5. SouthTownProd

SouthTownProd Member

I plugged it in straight to the board like you said @wolfman005 and it worked like normal, all the faders were where they should have been on the board. Then i plugged in the wifly on the same channel and it worked fine. I don't know what i did different the other day but it seems to be working fine now. And thanks for the tip @AxlD1234 :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice