Question for Kelite

Now...if as you say they state that they are selling it sans c-clamp and gel frame for a discounted price that's one thing. Derek clearly implied that, that is not what they were doing.

Gaff my friend you have yet to answer my question about the drill gun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misrepresentation
That was the term I couldn't remember earlier.

I would still argue that as long as you say the drills don't come with batteries then there's nothing illegal. It's only misrepresentation if you claim it's fully equipped and it isn't. Is it not right? Sure. But there as far as I know there are no laws that require you to resell things exactly as you purchase them from the manufacturer. Again it'll probably get you cut off as a dealer, but not illegal.

Curious what Bill, Keith, the gang from ETC any of you have any comments from the sales side?

What's funny is we're arguing the same point. I've agreed with you gaff.

Here in the example set by Derek...they weren't saying that.
Henceforth illeagal as false advertising, misrepresentation, breach of contract and any number of other things that can be dragged out of the books.

What's funny is we're arguing the same point. I've agreed with you gaff.
Here in the example set by Derek...they weren't saying that.
Henceforth illeagal as false advertising, misrepresentation, breach of contract and any number of other things that can be dragged out of the books.
I'm pretty sure dereke never said they claimed they were included in what the client thought they were getting.

I'm pretty sure dereke never said they claimed they were included in what the client thought they were getting.

They don't have to. By virtue of the fact that they were selling "New Instruments" they were bound by what the spec sheet says is included with the package.

http://mail.altmanltg.com/publicsynergy/docs/BDDocument.asp?Action=View&ID={4C26A998-ECD7-4AAD-864B-58CF8EABCE96}

In the case of a 360Q
Luminaires shall be supplied with a cast iron C-clamp Altman #510 suitable for use on up to 2” O.D. pipe. Clamp must incorporate a 360-degree rotational “Safety Stud” with locking bolt. Any clamp not offering this safety feature will not be acceptable.

Luminaires shall be supplied with safety cable, rigid strap yoke, and a three-foot, three-wire lead encased in a black fiberglass sleeve

That's why they call them spec sheets.

It was me who, unintentionally, turned this thread toward the serious and philosophical debate.

This was many, many years ago, and the vendor in question was taking advantage of the fact that different manufacturers included different "mandatory accessories." I don't believe the manufacturer in question ever advertised exactly what was included in the purchase of its fixtures.

Even today, things can be a little odd. ETC includes CC & CF, but no SC, with its SourceFours™. Altman includes CC, CF, & SC with its Shakespeares, but with its 360Qs, only CF & SC. Strand also does not supply an SC with its SL-series.

Let the buyer beware. For a dealer to "confiscate" swag intended by the manufacturer for the end customer, well, that's just wrong. But it happens all the time, I suspect.

I never received any gum when I purchased my one sheet of ApolloGel, but Keith has more than made up for it by sending me samples of whatever I request, which is more important to me than gum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back