Question of the Day Suggestion

Hughesie

Before there was DMX
there was RMX
what does RMX stand for

I think that before DMX there was AMX, maybe I'm wrong.

And to answer your question, I have no clue what RMX is.

RMX

Random
Multi-plexing

A short lived protocol from the late 60's and early 70's. This was the brain child of two Rolling Stones roadies. After a week and a half long binge with Keith Richards, in a small town on the pacific coast of Mexico, and after a Pharmacutecially enhance meeting with Carlos Castanata, these two Roadies, James "Zig-Zag" Mcgee, and John "Joker" Johansen, got the idea of a control protocol that would randomly rotate through the channel and dimmer numbers at Random intervals. The "Idea" being a wholistic "Brand New", never before seen light show every night. Basically making every concert a completely different experience from night to night. Unfortunately, due to a bug in the random number generator, that was used to compute the random channel assignments, The channels that had been set aside as Mick Jaggers specials were seemingly "mispatched" every night for three weeks running. This led to a paranoid Mick accusing Keith of trying to ruin his carrer. Once Zig-zag and Joker were fired from the road crew and the LD went back to using AMX, all was forgiven and the rest is history.............:mrgreen:

RMX
Random
Multi-plexing
A short lived protocol from the late 60's and early 70's. This was the brain child of two Rolling Stones roadies. After a week and a half long binge with Keith Richards, in a small town on the pacific coast of Mexico, and after a Pharmacutecially enhance meeting with Carlos Castanata, these two Roadies, James "Zig-Zag" Mcgee, and John "Joker" Johansen, got the idea of a control protocol that would randomly rotate through the channel and dimmer numbers at Random intervals. The "Idea" being a wholistic "Brand New", never before seen light show every night. Basically making every concert a completely different experience from night to night. Unfortunately, due to a bug in the random number generator, that was used to compute the random channel assignments, The channels that had been set aside as Mick Jaggers specials were seemingly "mispatched" every night for three weeks running. This led to a paranoid Mick accusing Keith of trying to ruin his carrer. Once Zig-zag and Joker were fired from the road crew and the LD went back to using AMX, all was forgiven and the rest is history.............:mrgreen:

wonderful idea....

did a google search for it
can't find it

when i am in my theatre next i will take a picture of an rmx point

you sure the R isn't just a smudged up A?

If Van is telling the truth, which I really don't believe that he is, it is a good story. If he is not telling the truth, it is one of the better BS stories that I have heard. I laughed, I cried, it had everything!

If Van is telling the truth, which I really don't believe that he is, it is a good story. If he is not telling the truth, it is one of the better BS stories that I have heard. I laughed, I cried, it had everything!

ya, the number of roadies that could develop a control protocol in the 70's no less I can count on a bad carpenters fingers....

I want to play poker with you dude ! :twisted:

i remember seeing that listed in some book i read through once but i cant recall what it stood for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back