Quick question:Congo dynamics

pyrus

This is kind of moot now that the show is over, but I have a question about dynamics on the Congo. Does anyone know of a dynamic in it's library that simply makes a moving head pan back and forth in a straight line? the LD gave up trying to find one and ended up linking four cues together to make an S4 Rev. pan along a timeline on the set.

Just a thought -

Can you take a can can and run it with the fixture panned 90 degrees?

Just a thought -
Can you take a can can and run it with the fixture panned 90 degrees?
Eh? I'm not sure I understand your meaning.
Basically what we were trying to do was make an S4 Rev pan back and forth along a timeline stretched across the set for preshow (the play was "The Complete History of America (Abridged)").

A can can is an effect that runs the tilt vertical (up and down). If you set the fixture's pan to 90 degrees, and then ran that effect, the up and down would actually be side to side.

I don't know if it work or not, but as soon as I get the congo in the shop, I will give it a try. Problem is it won't be till later next week that I get it in.

No rush, the show finished last weekend. I was just curious.

Making lights move in a straight line is really easy if the line falls into the same plan as the mover, IE you want a line right under the electric thats easy. However if you want the line to happen 12 feet upstage going stright SL to SR you will have an issue because you will have to adjust both pan and tilt porportionaly with the throw dstance and angle and I'm not sure how any board could do that but I would be happy to be proven wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back