quick release

HandyMan

ok, im doing the Wiz, and there are a few scens where i could save some time by riggin up sometype of quick relase sys, and a scene or two where i really need it...and i was wondering if anyone had any advice on the subject..btw, thanks guys, you're all a great help....

Hmmm...that was rather vague...what do you need to release? If it's a drop or curtain, check out this thread. Otherwise, provide us with some more information! It's almost impossible to make any recommendations based on what you've said so far.

Handyman,

A. If you're asking this forum for help on how to rig anything, any advice you receive WON'T be from an actual and competent rigger. Beware folks that try to offer suggestions other than this: Go hire an actual rigger to do whatever it is you are trying to accomplish!

B. If, as your profile states, you are a student- do NOT attempt to come up with something on your own. You are not a rigger, you are not qualified to do this. If you are coming to this forum looking for rigging advice, nobody around you is qualified to rig either. Don't let a teacher/director/etc...pressure you into doing something you're not kosher on. Going to court sucks!

I know I sound like a broken record around here in general, but it can't be said enough. Only riggers should do rigging.

Rig right or die!

And add to that the site policy of no discussion on rigging for liability reasons.
Rigging really is something where if you have to ask, you definitely SHOULD NOT be doing it. "The show must go on" is no excuse. Do it properly or don't bother. Oh, and I doubt your school's insurer will cover you if something goes wrong...

Good advice in the last couple post but before we start sying no Let's find out if it's a rigging quick release or some type of quick release for a scenic application.

True dat, Van.

So dude, let's hear it: what exactly are you trying to "rig"?

:)

Old habit: you say "rig" to a rigger, using it as a verb, and I assume steel, spansets and shackles, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back