Quiet Fogger???

tdtastic

Has anyone played with the new Rosco Vapour line? The Vapour Plus is cute and reasonably priced, but is it loud? Loving all the manufacturer videos online, but none ever have the sense to cut out the background music -- I want to HEAR the damn thing before I buy it.

Also looking at Ultratec's Premier Fog Effects Generator - anyone know how loud they are?

Any recommendations on the quietest DMX fogger on the market would be greatly appreciated!

Any of the MDG fog units are almost silent. They also tend to produce the best fog. Depending on the quantity of Fog required, they have a slew of offerings.

THanks np18358. Are you talking about their line of gas propelled fog generators, or the foggers with an actual pump? I've never used a gas propelled machine -- is that where the quietness advantage comes from? I would still think they 'hiss' when the vapor comes out of the heat exchanger?

The gas generators such as the MAX series. I have used those personally and they are great. Virtually no noise. The Me series looks great as well. I have not used those personally, but the videos and info make it appear that those are a continuation of their great track record. I am not certain, but I would assume that the gas is behind the low noise. There's definitely no hiss from the machine. Sometimes with a tank connection that isn't great you get a hiss, but that can easily be rectified with the proper size wrench and occasionally Teflon tape. I am looking at their Atmosphere Hazer now, and from about 4 feet away there is no audible noise from the machine itself, there is the faintest of fan noise from the small computer style fan in front that is attached, but nothing that would ever be heard from the audience. The MDG Foggers don't have that small fan, but as I remember their was slightly more noise from the more intense propulsion of the fog out of the generator, due to the additional pressure introduced by the higher PSI (40 PSI vs 20 PSI) gas. But they had no fan, so I would say it was perhaps a wash. Still, neither machine could be described as noisy. In one space, a Rosco Delta 3000 was used in a particular location (onstage) for a show. The machine could be clearly heard at full from my Tech position mid house (maybe 60 ft away), even over some moderately loud music. I didn't get any complaints from the director or others, but it could definitely be heard. Same space different show, we got a MAX 3000, and from the same location, it could not be heard even slightly from in the house. Even during alarm testing while the space was virtually "silent", it could not be heard over lighting instrument fans and other general background noise in the space. The fog just appeared. Can't recommend the MDG units enough. Don't let the CO2 dissuade you, it is easier than you think to source and use, and the results are noticeably better than machines without. Their US distributor ACT is great to work with as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back