Hi all,

I am looking for a quiet high output fog machine for my high school theater department. We previously had an Arena 2100 Flex from Chauvet however it long longer will function and it will cost almost as much to replace as it would to get it fixed. The Arena 2100 Flex has an output of 30,000 CFM so I am looking for something Comparable although anything over 20,000 cfm is good.

I have looked at the newer Chauvet 1800 flex and 1600 although I worry about their quality and Noise level. The arena 2100 Flex was very loud which always limited where and when it was useful. I would love to not have that issue in the future.

Overall, The most important things to me are: Quiet, 15,000 - 30,000 cfm, and priced around $500, no more than $800 (i know this is a wide range but for a much better product I could most likely get the extra cash).
Please let me know your opinions and any questions that I can answer.

Rosco and Ultratec are probably stretching your price range, but you might look at High End's FQ-100. List is $749 but you should be able to find it for quite a bit less.

^^^ what he said. I've been around long enough to have vivid memories of the F100 series when it was being tested in Austin and we thought there was a building on fire (they hooked it up to 55-gallon drum of fluid, drilled a hole in the back door and shoved the output nozzle guard through the hole -- then shorted the controller to continuous, maximum volume output for an entire weekend) -- this was 1988, IIRC.

If not that unit, I have been very happy with several Antari machines I've bought/used/sold throughout the years. Excellent value. m

When you say noise, which are you referring to - the chugging of the pump or the pshhhh of the fog leaving the nozzle?

If it's the latter, I don't know that you'll get away from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back