quiet scrollers

Ampacity

I intend to purchase some scrollers for our church but being as they will be in the sanctuary it's imperative that they be quiet while scrolling. Any advice on which brands would be best? Thanks Tom

another way to make sure your scrollers are quiet is to program a slow fade into their mark cue. so instead of shifting rapidly from color to color, they slowly move, while the intensity of the intstrument is 0, to where they need to be prior to each cue in which you use them.

-dan

The Apollo Smart Color scroller is pretty good about being silent if the scroll mode is set to a slower speed, how ever, if you have them set at high speed you will sometimes even hear something that sounds like ripping gels while the scroller is moving from color to color. Other wise, the Smart Color scrollers are literally whisper quite.

The apollo scrollers are dead silent with the exception of the fan noise when set to low fan and slow speed. However, they are VERY slow when set to this (30 sec head to tail).

I've had mixed experiences with Wybron CXI's. I'm sure a lot depends on the maintenance and I'm sure when not being rented out they remain in fairly good shape. On the nicer ones I've had they've been fairly quiet and you can easily pull off a slow mark during a quiet scene, however, some of the crappier ones could be heard quite clearly during our musical.

The Apollo Smart Color scroller is pretty good about being silent if the scroll mode is set to a slower speed, how ever, if you have them set at high speed you will sometimes even hear something that sounds like ripping gels while the scroller is moving from color to color. Other wise, the Smart Color scrollers are literally whisper quite.

necro post.

The apollo scrollers are dead silent with the exception of the fan noise when set to low fan and slow speed. However, they are VERY slow when set to this (30 sec head to tail).

The fan speed for the most recent Apollo Smart Color scrollers can be controlled from the desk from 0 to 100%. The Apollo Gel Shield* will provide some protection if/when the fan is turned OFF, but gel is still thin plastic.

The scrolling speed can be controlled from the desk or set on the scroller itself. The fourth DIP switch allows the user to choose between Quiet mode (UP position) and the Fast mode (DOWN position).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back