Rack Rails

I wish I could I had to fabricate my own for quite a few mixers where they no longer stocked the rack ears for. Not too bad if you live close to or know someone that is good at metalwork.

You can buy generic rack rails and cut them to length... Or with the mixer--you may look at instead buying some 90degree pre-drilled angle braces and using those instead... If Peavy isn't selling them directly--you culd be hard pressed to find them..

FWIW....
-w

You could try Full Compass---those folks never have a problem special ordering things for me..

-w

If you can't find any, I would look at either building your own/cutting down some generics or looking into using a rack mounted tray. Unfortunately the Peavy site was down when I tried to view your link (even going straight to www.peavey.com) and I am not familiar with that particular unit.

Yes - but that wouldn't have affected me, as I typed that in here during my response. I typed www.peavey.com into the browser. Anyhow - the problem appears to be local as I was having some difficulties with several web sites today, including CB. Not sure why.

Ok - now I have the Peavy site up and working:

Products --> Accessories & Parts --> Flight Cases (Rack Panels & Kits) --> PV® 14 Rack Kit

So, what was the question?

well in my experience, music shops will not always stock such accessories as quite often they don't move all that many. Most common ones that I see are for rack mounting half rack sized equipment or for wireless mic receivers.

If they stock Peavey, then they should be able to order it in for you.

Otherwise, just fabricate some out of aluminium angle - you should be able to get it in the necessary width. If not, get some sheet metal bent up.

* Cut to length (make them the same length as the side of the mixer as this will make lining everything up a whole lot easier).

*Hold each length behind the rack strip to get the right position for the rack holes.

* Mark out the holes to mount them to the mixer (use a cardboard stencil to do this).

* Drill your holes and screw it all together.

Maybe 15 - 20 minutes work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back