Wireless Rackmount Transmitter/Receiver set???

IMO, it should be the responsibility of the traveling group to avoid the frequencies already in use by the venue...
I can envision the situation of someone coming in with a fixed frequency wireless system, maybe they didn't coordinate around you like they should have and maybe any resulting problems are their fault, however that doesn't make it work any better or solve the problems. The point was really that a wireless solution will almost always represent additional work and potential problems that a simple cable from point A to point B would not.

The idea of coordinating frequency information on both sides is good practice, however trying to coordinate frequencies in advance has been a challenge recently with many having to change operating frequencies as new digital transmitters came on line last month and/or having to replace existing 698-806MHz units. Frequency coordination information provided a couple of months ago may have changed since then. So what happens if an outside group coordinated with the information you initially provided some time ago but you subsequently had to change something, is that still their responsibility? The reality is that in today's RF world things change and both sides should have some flexibility to adapt to the situation.

Let's set aside the "confusion" of the last few months of transition stuff, after all, that isn't "normal" at all. Now me, if I were either of them, I would have pulled all the FCC data for the area, and looked at every single broadcast channel, and saw which ones are moving channels etc etc (really not that time consuming, though it may sound like it).

Even if advanced frequency coordination has taken place, it's not that hard when the traveling group shows up to turn on all transmitting devices that the local area provides and wargame around that.

Also, if the traveling group does has a fixed freq system, they should be telling the local area in advance. Their fixed freq system isn't going to be affected by dtv/tv transmissions...either it works in the area or doesn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Users who are viewing this thread

Back