Radiance Hazer not pulling fluid

matcreyn

I’m having trouble with one of our Radiance Hazers. It won’t pull fluid into the thermal assembly. Things I’ve checked are:
1. I replaced the air pump.
2. The air pump is receiving its appropriate 120V at the circuit board.
3. DMX, manual, and remote all work to trigger the fan, so it’s not a communication issue.
4. The green and red lights all behave as they’re supposed to.
5. One of my grads scraped out the thermal assembly and nozzles.
6. The thermal assembly is still getting hot, so it’s not that.
7. When I squeeze the tube or prime it with a syringe, haze comes out as long as I’m pushing, so there’s no blockage, it’s just not pulling.
All this together leads me to believe it’s a faulty air line check valve (part CXP-2461) or the fluid micro pump (part CXP-3607). I don’t know how to check those, do you?
Also, what else could it be?
Thanks in advance.

I have replaced the fluid pump in a fogger and in a snow machine. They are vibratory pumps usually not piston.

One mistake I made on the snow machine is that the new pump had a thermistor in line with the power leads, and I left the old thermister in line on the old lead by mistake.
pump wouldnt run with 2 thermistors in series.. took one out and it was happy. Anyway I would suspect your fluid pump. If it works like our hazer, the air pump is just there to clean the line when idle to keep things from gumming up. Air line check valve would be less likely and if that was the case and the fluid pump was working you would be getting backflow of fluid through the air pump, and I would think the air pump intake side would be dripping. I have also dis assembled and cleaned at least one fluid pump and resurrected it in a fogger. They can get gummy in storage.

There's a gasket between the two plates of the vaporizer assembly that was busted on one I had. Replacing that fixed our issue, but it would draw some fluid but usually just leak it out.

I pulled my Radiance all apart and replaced pumps, etc, and got no love. After a call to tech support it turns out it just needed to be primed. Set it to 555, turn it off, turn it on again. See if that helps.

Following with interest. I have a Radiance Hazer that I've repaired a few times, but this might sound like my issue as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back