Radiance Spotlight colors

So, we just picked up a pair of Strong Radiance spot lights and I'm having a difficult time finding the right color for them. The front light is R3410 in S4s and everything I put in the spots looks green. So far the best I've been able to come up with is R01. Anybody have experience with these spot lights? What do you use in them to color correct for incandescent?

They are lamped with Ushio 850w EmArc lamps. Data sheets show a temp of 6000k.

Looking at the SED of the lamp from http://www.bulbamerica.com/downloads/dl/file/id/1013/emarc_specifications.pdf tells the story:
6379-radiance-spotlight-colors-ushio-emarc-sed.jpg

compare with that of an incandescent lamp
6380-radiance-spotlight-colors-incandescent-sed-curve.png

I'd start by using 1/4 Minus Green (R3314) to counter the green spike PLUS
1/2 CTO (R3408) to warm the color temperature. (Maybe 3/4 CTO (R3411) since you're comparing to 3250K lamps with R3410.)

But then I always start with L249+L205 with any arc lamp, and adjust from there. Incidentally, the combination is in the same range as your R01, so you were/are on the right track.

Attachments

• Ushio EmArc SED.jpg
    Ushio EmArc SED.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Incandescent-SED-Curve.png
    Incandescent-SED-Curve.png
    9 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Yes, I have had experience with them. Run. Run away, far away from those fixtures. They are by far the biggest complaint drawer for touring LD's and are a pain in the butt to maintain. I, however, did have the same issue with color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back