The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Conventional Fixtures Rain effect with source 4

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by CACtechdude21, Feb 22, 2009.

1. CACtechdude21

CACtechdude21 Member

Newbie here. i tried searching for similar threads but could not find..here's our situation. We are trying to get a rain effect on stage with a source 4 leko.50 degree 750. But its just not bright enough. I'm not sure if we are using the wrong fixture. Pls. help. the throw distance is about 60 ft. off the house electric. stage is 60ft wide 30ft deep from proscenium.

2. xander

xander Well-Known Member

Production Electrician, Programmer
    You need a smaller beam instrument. If you are trying to cover the whole stage than you will need to use more than one instrument. At 60 ft a 50 deg will be huuuuge and will lose all of it's punch.

-Tim

3. lieperjp

lieperjp Well-Known Member

Teacher
    How are you trying to get a rain effect by using a S4? Do you have a scroller or gobo of some kind in it?

4. Sony

Sony Active Member

Freelance Electrician/Rigger
    use 2 26 degrees or even 3 19's if you have them... like others have said one 50 degree S4 is not going to be able to cover a 60 foot wide stage and be bright. The narrower the beam and the more instruments you can use...the better.

5. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    I just did a rain effect. I lit about 30 feet wide of stage from 20 about feet away with two S4-50's it was also almost the only light on stage at the time. It was a little bit dimmer than I would like but tolerable. I was using Rosco Infinity Animation wheels to make the rain move and I only had two otherwise I would have used one or two more instruments.