Rain, Purple Rain, and Rain

JSFox

Gotta say, I'm duly impressed with tonights performance. I've done alot of festivals in the rain, but the stage, booth, and stacks were covered. I do find it a bit difficult to believe that prince was really playing a live guitar (except for once with his symbol). I gotta think there'd be a ton more interference.

?

Personally, I don't think that it was live. I had a lousy view from the back of a room with a lousy projector in another dorm's common room, but it was clear enough to see that it wasn't much of a live show. I thought that they could've done more stuff with color changing and such with the syncrolites/biglites/littlebigs/whatever they were. I thought that the shadow projection on the sheet that was blown up by the fan was kinda cool.

Well, coming from a musicians view, it was either very welly faked, or live playing. No one can fake the movements that well (watching the hands that is). And honestly, ive never had much of a problem with interferance in the rain as long as your using fairly good gear. the marching band was pretty nifty though, and yes, some more effects could have been in order...but really now, for someone that sounded that bad and only played one of their own songs, is it really worth it to make them look extremely outdone by the techies? Even if it would make the show bearable?....YES!!

yes, some more effects could have been in order...but really now, for someone that sounded that bad and only played one of their own songs, is it really worth it to make them look extremely outdone by the techies? Even if it would make the show bearable?....YES!!

That's what I'm talkin' about.

Do you think that throwing the mic down was part of the act, or just a bad sound tech? It made a fairly big pop.

Did anyone else think it was hilarous to see that mic fall into a puddle? I know that i was laughing on the inside. It's not like he doesn't have enough money to buy another one.

I have the feeling the effects were going to be a lot bigger but when they got the weather forecast they cut a lot.

<I have the feeling the effects were going to be a lot bigger but when they got the weather forecast they cut a lot.>

I would have to agree- the show was pretty decent considering the steady drizzle but more than likely had ALOT more in store.

Great pyro though!

It is on a short tape delay, but completely live. Prince had a wireless pack attached to his guitar. Who would script knocking over a $500 wireless handheld mic in the rain?

<Who would script knocking over a $500 wireless handheld mic in the rain?>

Someone that can afford to-

If I'm not mistaken, Prince tossed his signature guitar to the crowd when the performance was over. Again, I don't believe he's too concerned with the co$t of performing before close to a billion people.

I can agree with that. He probaly got the thing for free just for saying that the company could use the guys name...lucky rich folk. I know that mic made me shudder though. Even if you can afford it, any self respecting sound guy hates to see gear mistreated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back