Raising Community Support/Interest/Funds

gmff

We are working on raising the 3 big things in the above heading. Support and interest seem to be the biggest challenge. We are an old town hall venue that went through a renovation 4 years ago, the renovation did not include the performance venue, we were left with a bare hall that was barely functional. There was a gift that helped make the place useable. New curtains for the stage and windows, seating, tables, projector screen, piano, electrical work and life safety issues were taken care of. We now need to just get more use of the venue and raise a broader range things going on that could raise the needed support/interest/funds. I am looking for some ideas that have worked for others that have been in the same place as myself and my committee are in now.
Thanks!!

Are you the venue owner or a user? Are you a government agency, a private non-profit, a for profit or what? What does your group do? Who do you see as your target market(s) and who is your competition for those? What type of events or activities can the venue support? How large is the venue and are you limited to the performance space or are there associated ancillary spaces? The more you can offer about your situation the better people can respond.

Are you the venue owner or a user? Are you a government agency, a private non-profit, a for profit or what? What does your group do? Who do you see as your target market(s) and who is your competition for those? What type of events or activities can the venue support? How large is the venue and are you limited to the performance space or are there associated ancillary spaces? The more you can offer about your situation the better people can respond.
Agreed! More information. Would be glad to help, but don't want to give you any suggestions that don't apply or don't work for your situation. I'm a TD for a non-profit and a for-profit, so I can suggest some things on either side of that coin.

We lease a village owned venue (1927 era movie house) that we are upgrading (with their approval) and we are a 501(c)3 corporation. We raised money from NYS for an addition to the building for new bathrooms. Took us 3+ years from start to finish and the construction was only 4 months of that....

I'm all ears for infrastructure and tech equipment ideas. We seem to have not too much trouble raising funds for programs and some performances because a lot of businesses like to see their name attached to good programs. Buildings are another thing altogether, especially if you do not own it....<sigh>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back