Rate a mover

Like I said, I think it might be easier to resell something in the 600 watt range. There seems to be a lot of old movers out there from $300 to $1200. I have found a lot of 8 Studio beams with an opening bid of $1250 however I just saw they were sold.

Like I said, I think it might be easier to resell something in the 600 watt range. There seems to be a lot of old movers out there from $300 to $1200. I have found a lot of 8 Studio beams with an opening bid of $1250 however I just saw they were sold.

I'm considering getting a couple of used movers and am looking into wash units in the 600 watt range. My top picks are the Mac 600,Studio Color, and the Studio Beam. However this isn't carved in stone. I looking for input from folks who have used the 3, or others in this class, who can rate them for realibility, maintainance cost, features, and value, etc. So let me have it. Oh yea, I prefer to run them at 120 volts. Thanks.

The place i work at has 18 mac 600's... they are pretty bitchen... they bought them back when they were brand new 10ish years ago... the most common problem i have seen with them is their shutter doesn't always want to work.

The place i work at has 18 mac 600's... they are pretty bitchen... they bought them back when they were brand new 10ish years ago... the most common problem i have seen with them is their shutter doesn't always want to work.[/QUOTE.
The 2 very well used MAC 600's I got seem to function, however they are noisy rattle buckets. I think I can tighten them up to a quiet them up. I got 2 10year oldish STUDIO COLOR'S now as well. Much tighter and quiter and no fans. These both have shutter issues, and one doesn't home it's colors or tilt well at all. It will hit it's marks if you physically set them once while it's on. I'm picking up 2 STUDIO BEAMS later this week. Other than pics I've never seen or worked with one. They should be 10ish as well.

600's can be pretty loud... we hang them up 75ish feet so you cant really hear them during an event... definitely not a hockey game lol. we also have 4 mac 500's which are really awesome... If they are fixed up they can be so bitchen. here a video timelapse of an event we just had
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back