RC4 transmitter issue

Scenemaster60

Hello all!

I'm using some older RC4 series 2 wireless gear in a prop. The details of that are not that important. I've used RC4 a fair amount over the years and had very little trouble.

In this situation, I was finding that I was regularly losing control of the prop.

Upon further investigation, it appears as though the transmitter is regularly "rebooting" itself at about 1 minute intervals which means that it finds a new 2.4 ghz frequency. That subsequently makes the dimmer module search for that new frequency. Once they "handshake", everything is good again - for about 30 seconds which is when the transmitter reboots again.

This only seems to happen after the transmitter is powered up for about 30 minutes.

Is this a known issue?
Does this mean that the transmitter is failing?
I have an email into tech support at RC4, but I have no idea how responsive they are to support inquiries.

It is not a known issue, and it is covered by the RC4Magic Lifetime Warranty.

Contact me at [email protected] and we’ll arrange repair at no charge to you other than shipping. If it’s urgent we can send a refurbished swap overnight. This is our normal procedure, by the way, for all customers.

Don’t hesitate to come directly to us when you have any kind of problem with anything you have ever bought from us.

Jim
RC4

The details as far as what the prop are can be an issue if the RC4 isn’t doing it outside of said prop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back