Loudspeakers Re-carpeting / water proofing mini outdoor EV rig

Hi All,

I have a small EV rig (MTH-1 / S180x bass x 4) which i use mostly for parties outdoors and smaller festivals in Uk. They're quite worn and need a bit of a tweak to get them back to their lovely former condition.

I'd like to know if the carpeting is enough water proof protection to be able to leave them outside in mild rain while playing or is this suicide? I don't really want to get them fully flighted. As i'm about to start re-carpeting them i thought i'd find out if anyone knew if it'd be better to look into some fully flighted cases or if carpeting in your experience is sufficient. Also is there any other treatment you can use on the carpet to make it more durable / water proof. Either before it goes on the cabinet straight onto the wood, or after it's on?

Lastly when re-carpeting and re-spraying everything can anyone give any advice about anti rusting for screws, corners and grilles. Anything worth spraying which will keep them from rusting up for longer. hammerite black metal spray?????

Thanks very much indeed for your time.
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back