Installs Re-wiring an intercom system

Hello friends,

We have about a 25 year old wired Clearcom system. It might have been something else before it was Clearcom. Anyway, currently the master station runs to a rack where all the hard wire (6 or so runs of 2 channels) runs out to the building. Some are individual stations and some are daisy chained. I'm not sure what the original installation was like, but currently the wires are all connected together in the rack using a 66-block like for telephone wire. I'm sure it's a situation of a low-cost solution that never had a better one come later. I'm looking for suggestions for some terminal block situation to replace the 66-block. The existing wire is, I'm sure, stranded and the 66-block is not the best solution which is likely why we're having some challenges. We need to take two three-wire channels and distribute them 6 different directions. All the wire is existing, I'm just looking for a clean solid way to interconnect them that isn't twisting them all together and wrapping them with E-tape. I hope I've explained this well enough.

Entrelec DIN rail terminal blocks are ideal, though sometimes it takes a few hours hopping around through all their catalogs to identify the correct part numbers because you need the terminal blocks, bus bars to jumper adjacent blocks together, end stops, dividers, and screw-down clamps to lock their positions onto the DIN rails.

In the end though, you can have something looking like this:

096.JPG

Or like this:

1618697179330.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back