Reading a Compact Flash from a Gio

aeh20s

Hello,
I have a Gio who's PSU went bad last week. We've started an RMA with Tech Support and all that, and while on the phone we asked if there was a way to recover our show files before sending it back to Wisconsin. We were told that we could take the Compact Flash card out of the console (which we did). I brought a reader in, but since the card from the console isn't a consumer card, my Targus reader doesn't seem to want to read it. Is there a specific reader that I should get for this?

As far as I can make out there is no Compact Flash card in the Gio consoles, what exactly did you remove?

Seconding calling ETC support, give them the notification number for the RMA and they'll have all of the previous tech's notes as well.

I would bet you pulled a 2280 M.2 SSD card; can you post a picture?

You can get external USB-C housings from, like, Sabrent, that those will mount in. You just gotta make sure whether it's MSATA, or nVME, and I forget how you tell.

Don't have it available to post a picture anymore. It's the same card as in the Element that we're borrowing from another site. So we just put it in the Element and got our show files back that way.

Well, the Element's *way* too old to be M.2; wonder what it was...
Just a regular ol' 2.5" SSD... unless it's an older, XP model. Those had traditional hard drives.

I guess I could almost see mistaking an SSD with an IDE interface as a CF card if you've only had them described to you... but I also am pretty sure those were always SATA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back