reasons for owning intels

Why didnt you say so Moojo :D

Vari*Lite is the largest used moving light company when it comes to theater. Look at broadway shows like The Lion King, Fiddler on the Roof, etc. They all use Vari*Lite.

Also, what do you plan on using them for? That will play a huge factor in what you go with. Also where they will be placed and throw distances could also play a factor.

Remember that I don't work for a theater any longer however. I work for a lighting production company that only does a minor amount of it's jobs in real theaters. Than beyond that, I have not done a official company show in going on six years now. Nor have I been allowed to touch the moving lights since the last time I blew up a Mac 2K ballast.

The MAC 600 I do remember seriel numbers into the 150's however, the 500's and Studio Colors into the 50's in numbers.

Others here and elsewhere are certainly more qualified to tell you what's useful beyond my remembering about the Studio line or what bulked up our inventory.

You might fix some form of intensity and options question into your mind by going at least to the three websites and studying the fixtures available. Big difference will be what's 1200w, 575w and 250 and below in Wattage. Could be that a 575w fixture will over power your needs for it as something to consider. I might start with something in the 250w range by way of price and to experiment with if of further help.

Depends upon the use and intent for wattage. Renting the type of fixture a few times before buying one will no doubt be the best way to tell at least for wattage what lamp series to look into. There is also the 700w line of lamp I'm leaving out due to it being with obsolete fixtures or 700sa lamps.

ok, thanks. how on earth did you manage to blow out the ballast?

Blowing out the ballasat is a long story having to do with a non-grounded figure 8 amp probe accessory. They asked me up there to help, I did not stick my nose into it. Plus it was a older one. The other MAC 2K attached to the circuit I was testing did not blow up.

Beyond that, don't know, I don't work with the things. I know there is somewhere way over 200 in the inventory in never having combined the three styles for a cound, and I buy somewhere over a hundred lamps a year for them. After that, no idea. Popular fixture though what is it Morpheus? has a fixture in consideration for the future also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back