rechargeable batteries w/ wireless

...halfway through a show one of them died after charging over night.

Just a problem with capacity. That's the "Amp-Hour" (sometimes mAh, milliAmp hour). In my opinion, you need something on the order of an alkaline. Rechargeable 9volts have only recently (last couple of years) had the capacity that the alkalines do.

I'm sure there are others but the iPowerUS batteries are the only ones I'm aware of that have 500mAh or more.

DC9V-500mAh_Li-Polymer_Battery -- iPowerUS.com

Also, some rechargeable 9volts have a higher initial voltage that some devices don't like them, and some have lower initial voltages so that the battery gauge looks low, but still works.

We get Procell or Energizer AAs for $0.35 each. That's $0.70 per actor per show worst case. The used batteries are still good for use during tech rehearsals, or can be given to the cast & crew for use in flashlights, wireless mice & keyboards, calculators, cameras, toys......

We run Sabine 2.4 GHz SW75-T beltpacks and SW70-HD13 handhelds. When we got the units, they came with Tysonic 1.2V 2200 mAH Ni-MH rechargeable batteries and are charged via ports on the microphones themselves with chargers that came with the mics. They have served us very well, lasting 6-8 hours per charge, on the higher end of that spectrum in the handhelds. However, they're almost 2 years old now and we're starting to see a sharp decline in charge time. I'd love to keep running rechargeable, but I'm not sure what my options are for replacement since the chargers are built in and I would like to be able to keep that setup. Anyone ever worked with these mics/would be willing to hazard a guess as to whether they will charge batteries other than the packaged Tysonics? I figured CB would be a good place to ask before I start testing out other brands.

go back to the people who sold you the originals...

Hi,

noob to forum here. I went right to the battery thread to see what y'all use. I have Electrovoice RE-V units with mostly 9V batteries. I'll been using the DIGIMATE brand 280 mAh from eBay. They are $5/ea and pretty much can do an entire 4 hour theatre run. I have 18 units so have 40 batteries 2x10 microprocessor charge units. They have served me well. My originals from 2 years ago are still in service and working well.
I have some AA handheld REV transmitters and now will probably go the recharge route also.

Remember, even if you don't trust NIMH for the show, there are plenty or rehearsals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back