Recommend LED fixture for church stage

AevnsGrandpa

Hello to CB as I just joined!

I am planning out some lighting for a church sanctuary and stage where I just need to provide some over all wash light as the church is in a gym. The services are videoed/streamed so it just needs a bit more.

The truss totems will be back about 20-25' (2 of them 9' tall) and whatever light I choose will go on them,
know this is not a lot to go on but my question to all you wise individuals are what have you found is a good RGBW LED light for this purpose?

Looking at a couple 10-12 LED 10w RGBW units and trying to keep under $200 a piece, figure I would need 2-4 units. So I appreciate any and all helps and hint you can give me!!

Jeff

The elation sixpar comes to mind. They have RGBAW+Uv, and will give you slightly better skin tones with the W+A than just RGBW. Used the sixpar 200 go for around $300.

Do you really need the color mixing, or could you get away with just white or tuneable white?

The elation sixpar comes to mind. They have RGBAW+Uv, and will give you slightly better skin tones with the W+A than just RGBW. Used the sixpar 200 go for around $300.

Do you really need the color mixing, or could you get away with just white or tuneable white?

We could get away with just white, if there is a fixture that comes to your mind. The ability to change the hue of the entire area might be of use so might need to stay with RGBW or RGBWA. Still need to stick with under $200.

Thanks for your reply,

Jeff

I cannot think of anything less than $200 with color mixing and white - and having a hard time finding anything decent in even just white.

Since presumably the white light is for video critical applications and the color mixing is for worship or something less demanding, and since you said max of 4 units at $200 each, let's figure $800 budget.

You could:
(2) $230 each Warm/Cool white fixtures - SlimPAR Pro W Variable
(2) $150 RGB fixtures - Chauvet DJ Slimpar T12

The responsible thing to do is to tell you that you quite possibly won't be happy with these results and would be better off waiting and saving up for (4) color source pars or Chauvet/Elation hex chips. But from coming from the church lighting world myself I know too that sometimes 'the best you can do with what you can afford' actually IS good enough. Best of luck in your decision making!

I cannot think of anything less than $200 with color mixing and white - and having a hard time finding anything decent in even just white.

Since presumably the white light is for video critical applications and the color mixing is for worship or something less demanding, and since you said max of 4 units at $200 each, let's figure $800 budget.

You could:
(2) $230 each Warm/Cool white fixtures - SlimPAR Pro W Variable
(2) $150 RGB fixtures - Chauvet DJ Slimpar T12

The responsible thing to do is to tell you that you quite possibly won't be happy with these results and would be better off waiting and saving up for (4) color source pars or Chauvet/Elation hex chips. But from coming from the church lighting world myself I know too that sometimes 'the best you can do with what you can afford' actually IS good enough. Best of luck in your decision making!

Thanks and that is a great idea! I'll look these over and take it to the powers that be!!

Jeff

One other consideration is that at 9' high and 25' away, you are looking at quite a shallow angle for lighting (very straight on), and it is going to be very glaring for the people you are lighting. If possible, I would move your towers to the sides of the room and light from the left and right instead of two from the front.

Regards,

One other consideration is that at 9' high and 25' away, you are looking at quite a shallow angle for lighting (very straight on), and it is going to be very glaring for the people you are lighting. If possible, I would move your towers to the sides of the room and light from the left and right instead of two from the front.

Regards,
Guess I didn't describe that well, there will be 2 totems set up at 45 degrees off center of the middle of the stage area so we won't be going head on.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back