Recommend me a zone mixer

DomLauria

Upgrading the mixer in a restaurant I manage audio at, and am trying to find the most user friendly zone mixer out there in a price range of $200-$1000. The user friendly aspect negates the DBXzonePro's (to the best of my knowledge), I would like all controls to be on the front of the mixer without the need of computers or external panels.

The two mixers I've selected thusfar are the Behringer ZMX8210 on the low end and the Cloud Z4ii or Z4MK3 on the high end.

I need 3-4 zones, preferably 4. Each zone can be mono, and each zone needs to be able to output any selected input source at any given time (football in 1st zone, restaurant music in 2nd zone, DJ in 3rd zone).

6 inputs minimum, with one of them being a paging mic that can override all other sources coming in (for emergency purposes or announcing last call).

Rack mounted, 1-3 space size.

Types of inputs/outputs (xlr/quaterinch/phoenix/etc) aren't of concern.

Thanks!!

I definitely like the GR05, A&H is always quality, but the day to day employees need to be able to send select inputs to certain outputs quite frequently without opening the mixer up, as the restaurant config/use changes often. Front panel selecting a must. Will likely use it in future installations!

If the CSM-32 had a few more inputs/zone outputs it would be perfect!

Oh yes I missed the actual count of inputs your looking for. The units can be daisy chained though from my understanding. I'm not sure if it'd still be in your price range though.

Wow what are the chances, im looking for the exact same set up as you more or less, I really thought there would be a lot of products out there but its pretty slim picking. I was looking at building my own but dont want to be annoyed if it ever failed for some reason at 2am.

I found the behringer aswell but these next two are the closest to what we need, I would also like some more recommendations of gear if people have any more ideas.

Here is the Samson S Zone, it looks great except maybe not enough inputs, I was looking at modifiying input 1 and 2 to give me a total of 6 inputs
Samson — S-zone

9889-recommend-me-zone-mixer-1373877633.jpg

and this is the best and closest I have found so far, ive never heard of them but it looks great is all I need, just a wee bit pricey

Australian Monitor ZRM4
6ins 4 zone outs
ZRM4

9888-recommend-me-zone-mixer-4d53c42c5fb29_zrm4-m.jpg

Attachments

• 4d53c42c5fb29_ZRM4-M.jpg
    4d53c42c5fb29_ZRM4-M.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 1373877633.jpg
    1373877633.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Great call on the zrm4, any recommendations on a dealer/online retailer?

If money was no object the cloud Z4 and Z8 are really nice pieces of user friendly gear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back