Recommendation for an audio system design/build consultant

manuallyfocused

Hi all,

I'm looking for a recommendation for someone in the Los Angeles area who could come in and look at our existing audio system, help troubleshoot our current issues (intermittent signal loss, aging speakers, poorly designed system, possibly faulty installed wiring, etc.) and put together a recommendation for growth in the future- augmenting the current system, equipment replacement, etc. Ideally someone with experience with high schools, but a variety of experience would be even better.

Thanks very much!

Last edited:
"Consultant" and "Design / Build" are usually different people. A consultant that "also does installation" and sells gear isn't an independant consultant. I'm a bit biased naturally, but if you have the budget then I recommend talking to a consulting firm like Waveguide consulting (Acoustics + AV) or Theatre DNA (splitoff from Theatre Projects that does AV) to help you stage recommendations for renovation (either having them do a design, or just assist putting together and RFP for AV contractors to bid on if there's a lot of work). They're both well known firms with offices in LA.

If you don't have the budget though, then you could talk to a design/build AV contractor. I'm not too familiar with who that would be in the LA area, hopefully others on the board may know who's good.

The immediate need is for diagnosis and repair of the existing system, with the future growth a secondary concern. We don't have the budget for a significant amount of work at this time, so I'm looking for someone who can come in, assess and troubleshoot, and if a major investment is needed then I can go to the school administration with enough information to convince them we need to hire someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back