Recommendations for Orchestra Seats

Hello All,

I need to purchase about 40 new seats for musicians. Ideally black fabric, stackable, and durable. This is for a union roadhouse and the musicians usually will be union musicians. I already have a quote request into a Wenger distributor. Does anyone have any other good suggestions? Cost is a factor (when is it not?) but I don't want to get stuff I will be needing to replace in a year.

Wenger is still a preferred vendor. Our orchestra players seem to like them, especially the Cello Chairs.

Wenger is still a preferred vendor. Our orchestra players seem to like them, especially the Cello Chairs.
How well do they stack? The PDF tear sheet I got from the distributor says they chairs stack about 4 high, 6 high on a separately purchased dolly! Do they really only stack that much?

How well do they stack? The PDF tear sheet I got from the distributor says they chairs stack about 4 high, 6 high on a separately purchased dolly! Do they really only stack that much?
Ours go 10 high. I think we put 11 Cello chairs on 1 dolly.

I have 85 Wenger musician chairs on 5 carts. Thats 17 chairs per cart. Yeah the cart says 10, but they have held up for almost 20 years like that. I will be purchasing a few more chairs in the future and I might add a rack of the cello chairs to my inventory.

And in almost 20 years of mostly kids usage with some professional, I only have one chair out of commision, the seat pan screw lugs broke off. I'd stick with Wenger

Not sure if they sell the chair stacking cart separately, it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back