Automated Fixtures Recommendations for Robotic lighting

Hey Lazor, I love the VL1000TS because its so versatile. the zoom is unbelievable. cym plus rotating gobos. very slim channel count. I would choose the framing shutter option not the iris -- this allows fine cuts for set pieces and isolating things. fully integrated dimmer, so there's no need for additional dimming capacity. if I were to spec instruments for a multi-purpose venue of your size I'd try for as many VL 1000's as possible.

good luck!

peace, Tim O

If you are using arc ML's for theatre and are combining with tungsten fixtures make sure there is a good CTO filter... It helps blend the color temps better when you don't want a shaft of daylight white coming through. It can also look really cool! I have seen a lot of shows mixing daylight and tungsten white for contrast as of late. Some of the fixtures that use the new CST250 lamps are pretty cool.

Tobin Neis
Lighting guy in the square states.
Lawrence, KS

Re: What do you think of...

Icewolf08, I appreciate the heads up, and believe me I know how hard it is to get money for repairs from administration. Fortunately, I recently won that long battle and recieved a fat new budget (half of which I don't know what to spend on) that accounts for robotic lighting lamps and yearly (if needed) repairs. The college I work at luckily has the personel (me & lots of willing students) and 2 lifts to handle the instruments. As I wrote previously we have 6 VL2500 spots that I maintain and we always keep spare lamps in stock.

Hearing that you have been using the PS 700s for quite a while is making me lean to the DS 575s as my best option to get the most bang for my buck and quality at the same time.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back