Recorded pre-show announcement?

Does anybody have any pre-recorded professional sounding voice overs? I:E Ladies and Gentlemen please take your seat the show will begin shortly or in 5 mins.

Once our director gives the go ahead to production to start in about 5 minutes we go from full house lights to half intensity, then play a short clip that says "
Good evening, and welcome to the (School name) Performing Arts Center. A few words before tonights show begins. First please note the four emergency exits, two to your rear and two to your left and your right. Second, there is ABSOLUTELY NO food or drink allowed in the auditorium. Photography is allowed, however out of respect and safety of our performers, we ask that you turn off the flash. Last of all, please silence your cell phone and electronic devices, and enjoy the show." This works almost every time, unless something unplanned occurs and the show starts later, then it turns into a long time of waiting in silence, or people start talking again. I have the recording on a CD in the player, as well as it gets loaded at the top of our QLab show for every event. We just had a girl in one of our ensembles that had a great speaking voice record it.

Once our director gives the go ahead to production to start in about 5 minutes we go from full house lights to half intensity, then play a short clip that says "
Good evening, and welcome to the (School name) Performing Arts Center. A few words before tonights show begins. First please note the four emergency exits, two to your rear and two to your left and your right. Second, there is ABSOLUTELY NO food or drink allowed in the auditorium. Photography is allowed, however out of respect and safety of our performers, we ask that you turn off the flash. Last of all, please silence your cell phone and electronic devices, and enjoy the show." This works almost every time, unless something unplanned occurs and the show starts later, then it turns into a long time of waiting in silence, or people start talking again. I have the recording on a CD in the player, as well as it gets loaded at the top of our QLab show for every event. We just had a girl in one of our ensembles that had a great speaking voice record it.

We did the same thing for our last production but the lights dim when the house doors shut and had the cast pre-record a speech IE in the heights in a spanish style voice to go with the theme. I would like something for rentals such as recitals

Brenden, what's keeping you from recording your announcements locally? That's why I earlier suggested in another thread finding a local radio or TV personality that has a fondness for theater or musicals to do the voice work - a familiar voice covering photography, recording, emergency egress, etc - with text that applies to your specific venue.

One theater company I've work with has the Sound Designer record "this year's announcements" when the first batch of sweetening recording is done. The SD picks a actor or actress with the vocal presence he wants and they record it after the singing parts are completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back