Recording Shows

If you want to use your computer to record, you probably already have the basic software if you have any cd burning capabilities. Roxio uses something called soundstream or speedstream or something and it's part of the roxio bundle. Nero probably has something too. And if you do use a line in make sure to defeat the internal mic, as has been noted above.

If you're serious about using your computer to record you should probably get a real AD interface for it like an Echo Audio Audio Fire or similar device. If you're looking for a small solution similar to an old portable DAT except with better features I recommend the M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96.

300 dollars AUS might be slighly out of 100AUS budget for the recorder

Here's a personal opinion. If you are serious about this type of work, I'd go out and to on Ebay and get a Digidesign Mbox. you don't need to get an Mbox 2 the mbox with protools LE would give you a very good start, and get you into the Protools space and familiarity. Over time if you did more and more work with this you could the look at upgrading to a digi002 or one of the M-audio interfaces. Currently you can typically find mbox with protools le on ebay for a hundred dollars.

Sharyn

had a look at the mbox the cheapest one i could find was 300aud

Go to the US ebay site, search for mbox. there are always a few selling for under 100 dollars. Note this is MBox NOT mbox2.

Sharyn

1. learn to spell
2. don't hjack my posts with illegial stuff
3. who the hell r you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back