Registration for LDI 2021 is open

Yeah, I think I'll be waiting until one of the vendors requests me to be there. I mean, $25 is cheap, but my budget has been stretched pretty thin over the past year and a half.

Yeah, I think I'll be waiting until one of the vendors requests me to be there. I mean, $25 is cheap, but my budget has been stretched pretty thin over the past year and a half.
Has Corona Chaos caused a downturn in the demand for experienced Sherpas?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
"World of Concrete" was the first major convention/trade show to return in Las Vegas. Attendance was down 30% or more.

In-person conventions and trade shows, *for many products and industries*, are a declining model. Covid showed the corporate accountants how productivity works in the current age. Sending a person to a convention or trade show is terribly expensive in terms of lost productivity on top of the cash expense of travel, lodging and incidentals, registration fees, etc.

For the cost of a 10x10 booth in LV, Chicago, NYC, LA.... a manufacturer can send demonstration devices to prospective buyers or set up in person demos with dealers or distributors and bring in factory product engineers via Zoom or Teams to answer questions while attendees get hands-on exposure.

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
Sherpas are still in demand, which is why I'm going to grant someone the opportunity to sponsor my entrance fee.

There are always going to be pros and cons to having an in person trade show. Many people in our industry pay their own way to LDI anyway. Plus, during the pandemic with virtual trade shows taking place, it was blatantly obvious that organizers still haven't figured out how to do them successfully. Yes, I want demos in my space, but the time and effort to do them can be almost as draining as going to see equipment at a trade show.

If the sessions were virutal and attendees could get simultaneous hardware demos at local/regional dealers or distrubutors, nobody would have to take more than a day off work.

The cost of a "Sony-sized" NAB type booth is $3m-$5m. That would pay for a lot of demo gear, shipping, and Zoom/Teams sessions.

Last edited:
Darn, this lines up directly with tech and performances for our fall dance concert

Registered.

I’m presenting again this year, and just this past week got a call to potentially production rig one of the larger booths. And my birthday is the week before. I’ll take paid birthday party in Vegas Alex for $2000.

I’m presenting again this year, and just this past week got a call to potentially production rig one of the larger booths. And my birthday is the week before. I’ll take paid birthday party in Vegas Alex for $2000.
You may even get out to visit the Hasidic Girls Grille again; Never give up hope.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

And for anyone who doesn't want to pay the $25. You have until tomorrow, 9/4, to register for free using code PMFREH21. More about it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back