Relatively new Master Electrician at a road house

Hey! As the title says, I am a relatively new(about a year in) Master Electrician at a road house where we have about 300+ shows a year.

Im starting to learn Vectorworks and Lightwright.

And slowly but surely we are acquiring more intelligent fixtures(currently just have ETC ColorSource Cycs)

I primarily use and ETC ION, though hopefully we will be upgrading to a Gio.

Definitely could use some pointers for Lightwright and Vectorworks if you all have a cool tip to share.

excited to get to talk to you all.

Definitely welcome.

I think I toured your facility soon after it opened. Quite nice. Sorry, no help on learning the program. I learned AutoCAD on my own in it's nearly first version, and just kept up. If I started today, no way I could master it. 30 or 100 times more complex.

Welcome Brent. Make friends with @SteveB . He's been doing the same as you, except in Brooklyn, for the past 30+ years, until the college closed his roadhouse. Vectorworks, Lightwright, and Ion all talking and playing nicely with each other.

Welcome Brent. Make friends with @SteveB . He's been doing the same as you, except in Brooklyn, for the past 30+ years, until the college closed his roadhouse. Vectorworks, Lightwright, and Ion all talking and playing nicely with each other.

Pretty much as Derek states, I use VW 2018, Lightwright 5 and now 6 as well as Eos software. Current work practice is plots/hang sheets in VW, paperwork, addressing, error checking and instrument labels (for pre-addressing) in LW, dump the LW based Ch and Address info to Nomad so the console gets the patch. We have a large bunch of ETC LED and Elation LED and ML gear, so this software saves a ton of time.

E-mail if you need some tips, [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back