Kurt

Hey everyone! I'm running into an epidemic of sorts. Seems like my magnets are dying left and right. I don't know why, and I'm working with Robe on trying to figure that out, but in the meantime, I want to come up with a solution for remagnetizing the dead magnets. I've so far tried doing so with a 600lb diving magnet, but it only did the trick for two out of the four I have today. Do any of you have experience with this? I've wondered if one of those little tool magnetizers would do the trick, but I don't want to start spending money on solutions that might not work. I realize I will probably just have to order replacement magnets, but lately the supply chain has been glacier slow.

That's a weird symptom, but heat is one potential culprit. This page has more info on how heat affects magnets (and why you're not likely to have much luck re-magnetizing them). Normally I would expect other parts to suffer first if the fixtures are getting too hot, but there aren't a whole lot of other explanations for how they would become demagnetized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back