Remote Lighting: Strand Palette error

Liightniing

Hi,
I'm a high school student and I'm going to be working a show next week. I would like to be able to control our light board (it's Preset Palette II 32/64) from my laptop. I have the Palette OLE downloaded on to my computer but ever time I try to open the program it gives me this error...

Run-time error '339':

Component 'Mswinsck.ocx' or one of its dependencies not currently registered: a file is missing or invalid

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

Hi,
I'm a high school student and I'm going to be working a show next week. I would like to be able to control our light board (it's Preset Palette II 32/64) from my laptop. I have the Palette OLE downloaded on to my computer but ever time I try to open the program it gives me this error...

Run-time error '339':

Component 'Mswinsck.ocx' or one of its dependencies not currently registered: a file is missing or invalid

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

This link should take you to a fix for this.
http://www.strand-dev.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6475&p=20242&hilit=Mswinsck.ocx#p20242

Last edited by a moderator:
That file is vintage windows from 2004 or so. It was commonly used with Visual Basic programs. I have a copy here, if you don't get it from thirdoctive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back