Remote Timer for FogStorm 700????

I purchased the American DJ FogStorm 700 for my son's band. I also purchased the F-Timer FS700 wired remote timer so I could set it to come on periodically during their show.

My problem is the remote doesn't work. The fog machine works great. It clearly says FTimerFS700 on the remote, but the manual calls for a remote with a yellow, red and green light. This remote has two red lights and one green light.

Could it be possible that it's an older fog machine and a newer remote if they changed it?

Attached is a picture of the remote I received. It's yellow and has the model number FTimerFS700 printed on the face of the remote.

Here's another remote that says it's for the FogStorm 700 that DOES HAVE the yellow, red and green buttons.
American DJ FTIMER FS700 Timer Remote - PlanetDJ.com

Then here's the remote timer listed on the American DJ site.
American DJ Homepage
(this looks like the one I got except this one is blue - mine was yellow).
However, the yellow one like this blue one above on the AMDJ site says it's for the FS1200. BUT again, clearly printed on the yellow remote I got it says FTimerFS700 remote.

The remote I got does NOT work with the FogStorm 700. I don't believe the remote to faulty because the fog machine manual talks about operation with the wired remote timer and it says it should have three lights (Yellow, Red and Green). The remote I received and the one on the AMDJ site have two red lights and one green light instead.

Can someone tell me which of these doggone things is the right one?:confused:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 222
I purchased the American DJ FogStorm 700 ... I also purchased the F-Timer FS700 wired remote timer...

My problem is the remote doesn't work... It clearly says FTimerFS700 on the remote, but the manual calls for a remote with a yellow, red and green light. This remote has two red lights and one green light.

Could it be possible that it's an older fog machine and a newer remote if they changed it?

...I don't believe the remote to faulty because the fog machine manual talks about operation with the wired remote timer and it says it should have three lights (Yellow, Red and Green). The remote I received and the one on the AMDJ site have two red lights and one green light instead.

Can someone tell me which of these doggone things is the right one?:confused:

Manufacturers do things like this all the time. For whatever reason they changed the yellow LED to a red one.

As for not working, your best bet is to contact AMDJ. Explain the problem, and ask for a solution.

It could be that they have a different version of the remote (hence two red LEDs) that doesn't work with your fogger, or there may be some setting you need to change that's not documented in the manual.

In any case, they should resolve the issue to your satisfaction: change a setting, send you the proper remote, refund your money, etc.

Good luck!

Let us know how it goes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back